d3vme /restore fails

Mark Taylor

Apr 19, 2018, 11:39:49 AM4/19/18
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
I have a system that quit yesterday and I suspected a disk drive failure (the system is 400 miles away) but it turns out that is not the case. I thought the D3Programs folder (Windows) was completely gone, but I found it in a hidden folder.

Anyway, I got into it enough to see that the available framespace was 400 and reserve was 0. So, I go to restore the system from a backup but this is the result...

D3Programs> d3vme /restore

D3Programs>_

Nothing. Just a couple of seconds then nothing...

None of the accounts are in the VME so I can completely reload the system if necessary but I thought I'd ask if anyone has run into this before. Any suggestions on restoring the vme?
Just update to the most recent version? Will that fix everything he easiest way?

Thanks
Mark

This is on windows 7 (This was not not caused by a Windows update as they are shut off, as far as I know...there are pending updates to do which I will do now that D3 is shutdown.)
And I think this is D3 Windows 9.2.0

Mark Taylor

Apr 19, 2018, 11:49:25 AM4/19/18
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Problem solved by Rocket support. First time I have ever used them.

Everything fixed within a half hour.

Note to mods: Can I get an unmoderated status? If you need verification of who I am then, this is me.

Cheers,
Mark

Rick Weiser

Apr 19, 2018, 11:52:38 AM4/19/18
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Unmoderated is done.  Just beware, if you post something out of the norm, I will put it back :-).

Rick