Pet Peeves - there is no <ret> key.

Douglas Tatelman

Jul 24, 2017, 1:44:53 PM7/24/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
In my never ending quest to make our work look more modern, I can't believe there are still programmers that tell users to hit the <ret> key.

There is no <ret>. There is also no "null" "cr/lf" or just "<cr>".  Look down, there is an [Enter] key that your users will understand.

Thanks.

Kevin Powick

Jul 24, 2017, 6:10:42 PM7/24/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
My Apple keyboard has both "enter" and "return" on it, and "return" is in a larger font than "enter".

The history of typing, and the typical uses of computers explain why this is likely the case.

--
Kevin Powick

Douglas Tatelman

Jul 25, 2017, 10:03:24 AM7/25/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Ah yes, the carriage must return to the starting position. Do they also advance the line feed?

I'm starting to feel old.

Bob Worley

Jul 26, 2017, 12:59:37 PM7/26/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com