D3 database triggers

Rick Weiser

Feb 4, 2016, 5:05:49 PM2/4/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi guys,

Does D3 v9.x have file triggers?  If so, what manual describes these?

Thanks,

Rick

Kevin Powick

Feb 4, 2016, 5:43:27 PM2/4/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases

Rick Weiser

Feb 4, 2016, 5:51:47 PM2/4/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
thanks Kevin,

The document states that you insert the call in a correlative in the D-pointer of the file.  Thats fine, but if I want to use more than one type of trigger (callx, calld, calle), what would the correlative look like.

Thanks,

Rick

Kevin Powick

Feb 4, 2016, 11:27:44 PM2/4/16

On Thursday, 4 February 2016 17:51:47 UTC-5, Rick Weiser wrote:
thanks Kevin,

The document states that you insert the call in a correlative in the D-pointer of the file.  Thats fine, but if I want to use more than one type of trigger (callx, calld, calle), what would the correlative look like.

I've never had to do that, but maybe a MV mark to separate them?

Are you sure that you can't just use a callx trigger with various Access() functions  to control the code logic?  What exactly would you like to achieve with the various different triggers?

--
Kevin Powick

David Knight

Feb 5, 2016, 4:36:52 AM2/5/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Pretty sure Kevin's correct; you mv delimit them.

Or have a single routine, as he suggested which branches depending upon what's going on.

Without taking the time to read it to confirm; the d3 browser-based manual that comes with a system has a lot of detail. I use calls all the time to make sexy, powerful dictionary items. I'd give the manual a thorough going over...

Email me if you need more info...

Rick Weiser

Feb 5, 2016, 1:22:57 PM2/5/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Kevin,

In looking at the documentation again, I would need callx (write and delete) and calle for clear-file.  You are correct, they are MVd in the d-pointer of the file and D3 works out which to call based on the operation.

Thanks for you help,

Rick

Gerd Förthmann

Feb 8, 2016, 11:29:50 AM2/8/16
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I use ACCESS(26) in a CALLX to see if a CLEAR-FILE is in progress. When you then use ACCESS(26)=0 the trigger program will no longer be called.

Mark Brown

Mar 19, 2016, 2:33:18 AM3/19/16
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
All the CALLx style triggers are placed, multivalued, into the correlative of either the individual file defining item (FDI) or the master dictionary item (MDI). Triggers on the MDI relate to file-level triggers like the CALLO and CALLC called when the file is opened and closed respectively. The entire set of correlative codes are tested each time one of the various trigger processes fire off looking for validation.