[universe on Windows] - How to set permissions for a windows user the same as universe shell

George Gallen

Jun 7, 2017, 10:04:39 AM6/7/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Someone I know has UV11 (might be later) on windows 7 server.   They had a windows update, as well as a anti-virus update and now

wintergrate connections to UV are throwing all kinds of weird errors.

Things like if you do a create.file - it doesn't do anything - no error - but file creation - like the user just doesn't have permissions to create a file (by windows that is)

If they access UV using the UV shell - all is good - however they need the functionality of Wintergrate.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Or is there a way to give the windows users the same powers as the shell.

We tried right shift - running as administrator - that helps for some things, but still not all

but running as shell works for everything.

Very odd - any thoughts?

I don't have direct access so, it's difficult for me to test things

They do have a maintenance contract, however, this doesn't sound like a UV issue, but a windows issue?

Brian Speirs

Jun 8, 2017, 5:51:22 AM6/8/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
We had this issue with UV 11.2.4 on Windows 10 - the W10 Creators Update (version 1703) caused pretty much the same symptoms you are describing. See my post "Windows 10 breaks UniVerse" on 28 April. Perhaps Microsoft has applied the same changes to Windows 7.

The answer posted there was to change the UVTelnet service to log in as a local administrative process rather than using standard SYSTEM process.

It is worth a try!

Cheers,

Brian

Lance

Jun 14, 2017, 2:11:54 PM6/14/17
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
FYI: Rocket support told me yesterday that a hotfix is in test.

George Gallen

Jun 14, 2017, 2:52:48 PM6/14/17
to mvd...@googlegroups.com

Their situation got a whole lot worse, microsoft got involved and the SHTF - their system is now being fixed by microsoft (they claimed the drive was bad)

and it will need to be replaced - They don't think any data will be lost, so UV may still be intact.  Hopefully it will be resolved when it comes back, or it

will just have a good drive and still have permissions issue. But I'll pass along that Rocket may have a fix in the works.  Thanks.

George