Zumasys Acquires jBASE Database

已查看 237 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

lalalemon

未读,
2015年1月5日 15:39:292015/1/5
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
Zumasys, a leading provider of cloud computing solutions for business-critical software applications and ERP systems, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of the jBASE database from Temenos, based in Geneva Switzerland.

geneb

未读,
2015年1月5日 16:37:552015/1/5
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
Wow. That's pretty neat. They've been my D3 VAR for years.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

lalalemon

未读,
2015年1月5日 16:56:532015/1/5
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
We're excited too :)

Charlie Noah

未读,
2015年1月5日 17:12:462015/1/5
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like a great fit, and they're an American company, too. I realize we're a global community, and I have friends and colleagues all over the world, but being here in the US, I'm a wee bit biased. ;-)

I wonder if they have any use for a well-worn Multivalue guy who's been at it since 1980. Does anyone have a contact at Zumasys I might talk to about that?

Happy New Year to all!
Charlie

lalalemon

未读,
2015年1月5日 17:30:092015/1/5
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie,

We thinks it's going to be a great fit! As for working at Zumasys, you can always take a look at our open positions at www.zumasys.com/about/careers or send an email to car...@zumasys.com with your resume!

Cheers!

Kevin Powick

未读,
2015年1月5日 17:47:502015/1/5
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com

http://www.zumasys.com/admin/zumasys-acquires-jbase-database/

Random thoughts on the announcement:

Now that ZumaSys is the owner of a MV distribution, how will that affect their relationship with Ladybridge and the agreement between them for OpenQM support/maintenance?

ZumaSys with jBASE, and worldwide support/maintenance rights for OpenQM vs. Rocket with D3 and the U2 line. I wonder how competitive they will be?

Now that jBASE development will no longer be driven by the needs of a banking application development company, I wonder what the priority list for features and enhancements will be?

Clive Ketteridge was a co-founder of jBASE? My memory must be fading, as I don't recall that relationship at all.

--
Kevin Powick

MikeR

未读,
2015年1月7日 12:16:322015/1/7
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, 5 January 2015 22:47:50 UTC, Kevin Powick wrote:
Hmm, almost as much information left out as was included!!

What is happening to the jBase guys in Hemel and in Chennai - are they part of the deal?

Where does that leave jbase International - the Temenos licensed vendor of the jbase product.

Rick Weiser

未读,
2015年1月7日 14:08:472015/1/7
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking the same thing.

jBase International has not existed in many years.  When Temenos laid all of us off, MPower came in and bought the rights to market,support and distribute jBase internationally.  The real question is what happens to that relationship?

Rick

Dawn Wolthuis

未读,
2015年1月7日 14:23:352015/1/7
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious about that too.  Also is Temenos

1. Forking jBase?

2. Ditching internal use of jBase?

3. Planning to implement changes from Zumasys?

--dawn

Typed on a mobile keyboard
--

Zumasys

未读,
2015年1月7日 14:50:582015/1/7
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com、Lauren Hustedt、Yvette Castro
Hello everyone -

Zumasys will publish a publicly facing FAQ soon but in the interim we would be happy to set up a phone call with you if you'd like. You can coordinate this through Yvette Castro at yve...@zumasys.com.

We appreciate the feedback and questions. Thank you!

Zumasys

未读,
2015年1月7日 14:56:042015/1/7
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
jBASE MultiValue and TAFC forked years ago. Zumasys acquired jBASE MultiValue. Temenos retains TAFC.

Charlie Noah

未读,
2015年1月7日 18:20:042015/1/7
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com
Let's have 1 person contact Yvette and report back here. That way she won't be swamped. Volunteer? (Dawn? tee-hee)

Tony Gravagno

未读,
2015年1月8日 14:37:292015/1/8
收件人 mvd...@googlegroups.com

I'm just a few minutes from the office, already in contact with Zumasys, and can serve as a liaison of sorts. But I recommend just posting questions here and then giving Zumasys time to respond in-bulk. Then they can develop a real FAQ and publish it here and elsewhere. Then, rather than one-off calls, they might also decide to offer a webinar where people can submit questions for live response.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子