mustache.java 0.9.1 and 0.8.18 released today

Sam

Aug 24, 2015, 2:38:01 PM8/24/15
to mustache.java
Fairly minor changes. In both versions  we have have updated them to work with Scala 2.11 and latest twitter-util libraries. In 0.9.1 there were some minor additions, performance improvements and bug fixes. No changes to the API.

On the performance side, 0.9.1 improves greatly upon 0.9.0 for HTML encoding speed and the amount of garbage generated (it is near 0 now if you don't count compilation and the first execution). If you have any benchmarks that you use internally, it would be interesting to see them. In fact, this release comes with a new benchmark module that I have been using to make these improvements. I welcome additional tests.

One thing I am trying to decide is whether I need to keep the Codegen and Indy versions of the compiler. They are quite complicated and were fun to write but the normal version is very high performance and would almost never be the bottleneck in any real system. A line of code deleted is worth 10x added from a maintenance perspective. Does anyone use the other compilers?

Sam