ERROR: Error executing script postinstall_script: [Errno 8] Exec format error

Henning Kessler

Mar 3, 2016, 12:42:48 PM3/3/16
to munki-dev
Hello,

as our user often have the problem that the Adobe CC Suite forgets their Volume License I have created an OnDemand pkginfo that runs the AdobeSerialization command. Unfortunately something is not working with the postinstall script as I receive the following error when run from munki

ERROR: Error executing script postinstall_script: [Errno 8] Exec format error

But when I run the script manually as root it works as expected..

Here is the pkginfo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>_metadata</key>
<dict>
<key>created_by</key>
<string>henning</string>
<key>creation_date</key>
<date>2016-02-18T13:01:53Z</date>
<key>munki_version</key>
<string>2.4.0.2561</string>
<key>os_version</key>
<string>10.11.3</string>
</dict>
<key>autoremove</key>
<false/>
<key>catalogs</key>
<array>
<string>production</string>
</array>
<key>category</key>
<string>Workflows</string>
<key>developer</key>
<string>VCCP</string>
<key>display_name</key>
<string>Reserialize Adobe Suite</string>
<key>description</key>
<string>Reserializes the Adobe Suite in case it forgot its serial number. THANK YOU ADOBE</string>
<key>icon_name</key>
<string>workflow</string>
<key>installer_type</key>
<string>nopkg</string>
<key>minimum_os_version</key>
<string>10.4.0</string>
<key>name</key>
<string>AdobeReserialize</string>
<key>postinstall_script</key>
<string>#/bin/sh
#runs the volume serialization tool if it exists
if [ -f /Library/VCCP/AdobeCCStandLic/AdobeSerialization ]; then
/Library/VCCP/AdobeCCStandLic/AdobeSerialization
elif [ -f /Library/VCCP/AdobeCCFullLic/AdobeSerialization ]; then
/Library/VCCP/AdobeCCFullLic/AdobeSerialization
else
echo "no serialization"
exit 0
fi
exit 0
</string>
<key>OnDemand</key>
<true/>
<key>version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any ideas what a can check for?

Regards

Henning

Nick McSpadden

Mar 3, 2016, 12:45:47 PM3/3/16
to munk...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you have "#/bin/bash" instead of "#!/bin/bash".

--
Find related discussion groups here:
https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki/Discussion-Group

Nick McSpadden
nmcsp...@gmail.com

Henning Kessler

Mar 3, 2016, 1:47:09 PM3/3/16
to munki-dev
OMG I want to hide in a mouse hole now....

Thanks for helping me Nick

Henning

Nick McSpadden

Mar 3, 2016, 2:00:25 PM3/3/16
to munk...@googlegroups.com
Whoops, sorry, I meant "#!/bin/sh".

Henning Kessler

Mar 3, 2016, 2:02:05 PM3/3/16
to munk...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind ;-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "munki-dev" group.