[mule-user] unbuffered entity enclosing request can not be repeated error with cxf/httpclient

dhenton9000

May 8, 2009, 9:13:37 AM5/8/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

About every 100 or so transmissions to an external web service, I get an
"unbuffered entity enclosing request can not be repeated" error from
httpclient. What I've read suggests this is some kind of retry thing that is
failing. I'm guessing that occasionally I'm having problems contacting the
remote service which is inevitable.

Any suggestions about what to do about it? It works fine about 99% of the
time, so I'm wondering if there are configuration settings that I might be
able to use to help with it. Anyone else seen this?

TIA.

Error Listing:

ERROR 2009-05-07 11:30:54,089 [EbayInventoryMonitorService.4]
org.mule.DefaultExceptionStrategy:
Message : Failed to route event via endpoint:
DefaultOutboundEndpoint{endpointUri=https://api.channeladvisor.com/ChannelAdvisorAPI/v1/InventoryService.asmx,
connector=HttpsConnector{this=365878d2, started=true, initialised=true,
name='httpsConnector', disposed=false,
numberOfConcurrentTransactedReceivers=4,
createMultipleTransactedReceivers=true, connected=true,
supportedProtocols=[https], serviceOverrides=null},
transformer=[ObjectToHttpClientMethodRequest{this=1c571cc4, name='null',
ignoreBadInput=false, returnClass=interface
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethod, sourceTypes=[interface
org.mule.api.MuleMessage, class [B, class java.lang.String, class
java.io.InputStream, interface org.mule.api.transport.OutputHandler, class
org.mule.transport.NullPayload]}],
name='endpoint.https.api.channeladvisor.com.ChannelAdvisorAPI.v1.InventoryService.asmx',
properties={}, transactionConfig=Transaction{factory=null, action=NEVER,
timeout=0}, filter=null, deleteUnacceptedMessages=false,
securityFilter=null, synchronous=false, initialState=started,
remoteSync=false, remoteSyncTimeout=10000, endpointEncoding=UTF-8}. Message
payload is of type: PostMethod
Type : org.mule.api.transport.DispatchException
Code : MULE_ERROR-42999
JavaDoc :
http://www.mulesource.org/docs/site/current2/apidocs/org/mule/api/transport/DispatchException.html
Payload :
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod@3a46192c
Exception stack is:
1. Unbuffered entity enclosing request can not be repeated.
(org.apache.commons.httpclient.ProtocolException)
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod:487 (null) 2.
[...]
payload is of type: PostMethod (org.mule.api.transport.DispatchException)
org.mule.transport.http.HttpClientMessageDispatcher:116
(http://www.mulesource.org/docs/site/current2/apidocs/org/mule/api/transport/DispatchException.html)
Root Exception stack trace:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ProtocolException: Unbuffered entity enclosing
request can not be repeated.
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:487)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2114)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1096)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:346)
at
org.mule.transport.http.HttpClientMessageDispatcher.execute(HttpClientMessageDispatcher.java:109)
at
org.mule.transport.http.HttpClientMessageDispatcher.doSend(HttpClientMessageDispatcher.java:239)
at
org.mule.transport.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:168)
at org.mule.transport.AbstractConnector.send(AbstractConnector.java:1929)
at
org.mule.endpoint.DefaultOutboundEndpoint.send(DefaultOutboundEndpoint.java:77)
at
org.mule.transport.cxf.transport.MuleUniversalConduit.sendStream(MuleUniversalConduit.java:268)
at
org.mule.transport.cxf.transport.MuleUniversalConduit.dispatchMuleMessage(MuleUniversalConduit.java:182)
at
org.mule.transport.cxf.transport.MuleUniversalConduit$1.handleMessage(MuleUniversalConduit.java:142)
at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:220)

Arne Seime

Dec 14, 2009, 6:50:35 AM12/14/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Did you receive any info on this one?

I've tried the MULE-4095 patch, and it fixed the 16th request blocking, but I still randomly receive the same error as your.

It appears that the error on my side occurs very often on the first request after a long quiet period.

Thanks,
Arne