[mule-user] Upgrade from Mule 2 RC2 to RC3

iruizma

Mar 26, 2008, 11:58:44 AM3/26/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Hi, I have a problem and it should be a really easy thing... but I'm not
able to fix it.

I'm using Mule in a dynamic web project. Now, using RC3, I get this error:

GRAVE: /conf/mule-config.xml (java.io.FileNotFoundException)
org.mule.api.config.ConfigurationException: /conf/mule-config.xml
(java.io.FileNotFoundException)
at
org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.loadConfigResources(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:96)
at
org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.<init>(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:46)
at
org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.<init>(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:35)
at
org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.<init>(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:52)
at
org.mule.config.builders.WebappMuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.<init>(WebappMuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:61)
at
org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlBuilderContextListener.createManager(MuleXmlBuilderContextListener.java:106)
at
org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlBuilderContextListener.initialize(MuleXmlBuilderContextListener.java:74)
at
org.mule.config.builders.MuleXmlBuilderContextListener.contextInitialized(MuleXmlBuilderContextListener.java:56)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3843)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4350)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /conf/mule-config.xml
at org.mule.config.ConfigResource.<init>(ConfigResource.java:35)
at
org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.loadConfigResources(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:90)
... 22 more

If i used RC2 jars it works fine. The file really is in that route.

Thanks in advance

knaas

Mar 26, 2008, 12:05:15 PM3/26/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Try removing the "/" from the beginning.

iruizma

Mar 26, 2008, 12:24:29 PM3/26/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

I've tried that and also I tried other chances like:
conf/mule-config.xml
mule-config.xml
/mule-config.xml
WebContent/conf/mule-config.xml

If i used RC2's jars it works fine, but when I try RC3's jar it doesn´t
work.

Thanks

Andrew Perepelytsya

Mar 26, 2008, 2:27:44 PM3/26/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Could you post a layout of your deployed application?

Andrew

iruizma

Mar 27, 2008, 11:16:28 AM3/27/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Travis Carlson

Mar 27, 2008, 8:58:54 PM3/27/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
The webapp example is working OK for RC3, so there must be some subtle
difference between it and your webapp. Can you 1. make sure the webapp
example works OK for you on your platform (from the full distribution,
"examples/webapp") 2. compare your webapp to that one 3. create a JIRA
(including platform info.: OS, JDK, App. Server) if you still can't get
it to work?

Thanks,
Travis

Andrew Perepelytsya

Mar 29, 2008, 1:25:10 AM3/29/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I think putting the conf/* under WEB-INF/classes is a guaranteed way to make it work.

Andrew

Daniel Feist

Mar 29, 2008, 2:34:39 AM3/29/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi,

The path you are using "/conf/mule-config.xml" is valid given the
current implementation, it looks like a bug may have crept in
somewhere, so I'll file a JIRA issue for this. (http://mule.mulesource.org/jira/browse/MULE-3173
)

The other alternative is as Andrew says.. to put the configuration
file within the classpath by placing it within WEB-INF/classes/ and
then using a classpath relative path (which should not start with a /).

JavaDoc:

<code>WebappMuleXmlConfigurationBuilder</code> will first try and load
config resources using the
ServletContext and if this fails then it will attempt to load config
resource from the classpath.
<li> ServletContext resources should be relative to the webapp root
directory and start with '/'.
<li> Classpath resources should be in the webapp classpath and should
not start with '/'.

Dan

iruizma

Mar 31, 2008, 5:14:16 AM3/31/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

This solution works fine, I´ll continue working on this way.

Now I´m interested in CXF with JMS, so I think I ´ll be back soon.

Bye

debapriya

May 28, 2008, 12:45:50 AM5/28/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Hi,

I want a help to run mule in Webproject.I want to use Mule in my web
application to call the deployed service, which is developed in
Spring.Please help me on this.I am totally confused in the mule
configuration.

I read this topic and finally u told its working for u.Please help me on
this so that i can do it.

Regards
Debapriya

-----
Mr. Debapriya Patra
Sr. Software Engg.
NIIT Technologies Ltd,
Bangalore-68

iruizma

May 28, 2008, 3:42:52 AM5/28/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

There are examples of how to use Mule in a webapp with the mule
distribuition.

You have to configure your web.xml loading your xml services and configure
the mule listener.

bye

debapriya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want a help to run mule in Webproject.I want to use Mule in my web
> application to call the deployed service, which is developed in
> Spring.Please help me on this.I am totally confused in the mule
> configuration.
>
> I read this topic and finally u told its working for u.Please help me on
> this so that i can do it.
>

> Regards
> Debapriya

debapriya

May 28, 2008, 6:22:21 AM5/28/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

thnx for ur reply..anyway can u please give me a sample Web.xml file and a
mule config with spring config file so that i can proceed accordingly.

can u please send me ?????

Regards
Deba

-----
Mr. Debapriya Patra
Sr. Software Engg.
NIIT Technologies Ltd,
Bangalore-68

debapriya

May 28, 2008, 6:24:14 AM5/28/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

thnx for ur reply..anyway can u please give me a sample Web.xml file and a
mule config with spring config file so that i can proceed accordingly.

can u please send me ?????

i have uploaded my web.xml file and spring file

Regards
Deba http://www.nabble.com/file/p17509575/web.xml web.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17509575/IFS-Service.xml IFS-Service.xml

iruizma

May 28, 2008, 6:25:20 AM5/28/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

You will find the files here:

http://www.mule.mulesource.org/display/MULE2INTRO/Mule+Examples+Webapp

debapriya wrote:

> thnx for ur reply..anyway can u please give me a sample Web.xml file and a
> mule config with spring config file so that i can proceed accordingly.
>
> can u please send me ?????
>

> i have uploaded my web.xml file and spring file
>
> Regards
> Deba http://www.nabble.com/file/p17509575/web.xml web.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17509575/IFS-Service.xml IFS-Service.xml

debapriya

May 28, 2008, 11:29:37 PM5/28/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

i didn't get any config file related to spring config from that.

anyway thnx for ur reply and ur time also..

bye...

-----
Mr. Debapriya Patra
Sr. Software Engg.