[mule-user] Mule not starting with my config file

1 view

Eric Tice

Jul 28, 2009, 5:03:29 PM7/28/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I have Mule 2.2.1 running on RedHat Linux.

My JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_13

I compiled the code and jar'd it with the same jdk on the Mac OS.

when I try to run mule I get.

ERROR 2009-07-28 15:10:45,746 [WrapperListener_start_runner] org.mule.MuleServer:
Message : Initialisation Failure: Error creating bean with name 'Person': Cannot resolve reference to bean '.Person:component.13' while setting bean property 'component'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '.Person:component.13': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.mule.object.PrototypeObjectFactory] while setting bean property 'objectFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#1': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
Type : org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException
Code : MULE_ERROR-72085
JavaDoc : http://www.mulesource.org/docs/site/current2/apidocs/org/mule/api/lifecycle/InitialisationException.html
Object : org.mule.config.spring.SpringRegistry@14b6b02
Exception stack is:
1. *Bad version number in .class file (java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError)*
*java.lang.ClassLoader:-2 (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/UnsupportedClassVersionError.html)*
2. Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#1': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file (org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory:1338 (null)
3. Error creating bean with name '.Person:component.13': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.mule.object.PrototypeObjectFactory] while setting bean property 'objectFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#1': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file (org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver:230 (null)
4. Error creating bean with name 'Person': Cannot resolve reference to bean '.Person:component.13' while setting bean property 'component'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '.Person:component.13': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.mule.object.PrototypeObjectFactory] while setting bean property 'objectFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#1': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file (org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException)
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver:275 (null)
5. Initialisation Failure: Error creating bean with name 'Person': Cannot resolve reference to bean '.Person:component.13' while setting bean property 'component'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '.Person:component.13': Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' of type [org.mule.object.PrototypeObjectFactory] while setting bean property 'objectFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#1': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file (org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException)
org.mule.registry.AbstractRegistry:76 (http://www.mulesource.org/docs/site/current2/apidocs/org/mule/api/lifecycle/InitialisationException.html)
Root Exception stack trace:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

I don't understand the reference to jdk1.5
I looked in the Mule startup scripts and there is no reference to jdk.

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Perepelytsya

Jul 28, 2009, 5:09:01 PM7/28/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
From what I see your custom objects are compiled with java 6, but environment is using java 5. Mule just picked up your global jdk.

HTH,
Andrew

richrem

Jul 30, 2009, 10:30:14 AM7/30/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Andrew is correct. But, there are complications on the Mac. I recommend you
read the two blogs (Switching Java on the Mac and Running Mule 2.2.x with
the 64-bit Tanuki wrapper and Java 6 on the Mac) found here ->
http://www.rich-software.com/wp/ that are relevant to your situation.

Please comment on them if you find issues or if it helped you.

Cheers,
Rich

Yuji YAMANO

Jul 30, 2009, 6:42:19 PM7/30/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Rich,

Could you raise a JIRA for upgrading the service wrapper to
the latest version?

--
Yuji Yamano
OGIS International, Inc.

richrem

Jul 30, 2009, 7:14:24 PM7/30/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

I have created a new JIRA issue, which you can view here ->
http://www.mulesource.org/jira/browse/MULE-4454

Feel free to tweak the User Impact and/or other attributes as you see fit.

Cheers,
Rich

Yuji YAMANO

Aug 3, 2009, 2:21:18 PM8/3/09