[mule-user] problème in starting with MULE

Tlich Chawki

Feb 24, 2011, 3:24:20 AM2/24/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hello,

I am working to follow the user guide MULE.
I'm on the page "http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3INTRO/Quick+Start "

but thinned the server ie if the step described below:

Run the Application
1/In the Package Explorer, expand the conf directory, and right-click the hello-config.xml configuration file.
2/Choose Run As > Mule Server.

I have only the following error :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and
Exception in thread "main"

I was wondering if you could help me.

Thank you,

bharath kumar

Feb 24, 2011, 3:56:20 AM2/24/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi,

i too had that problem i reinstalled jdk 6 and jre 6 again then it solved the problem for me!!!!!!hope it does fr u also!!!!ur prblm is mainly with the java classpath so check whether u have installed those one

Tlich Chawki

Feb 24, 2011, 8:12:58 AM2/24/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
thank you,
you mean that i have to reinstal my JDK, and that's it ???

Dirk Olmes

Feb 24, 2011, 8:23:53 AM2/24/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
On 02/24/2011 02:12 PM, Tlich Chawki wrote:
> thank you,
> you mean that i have to reinstal my JDK, and that's it ???

Before you go and reinstall make sure that you have a JDK registered in
Eclipse, not a JRE. I.e. go to Window -> Preferences -> Java ->
Installed JREs and verify that the path points to a proper JDK.

-dirk

Javier Martínez

Feb 25, 2011, 8:15:34 AM2/25/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi!,
I have a similar problem. When I arrive at the step "Run the Application". It's shown the next error:

ERROR 2011-02-25 13:55:02,358 [main] org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder: Configuration with "org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder" failed.
org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException: Line 4386 in XML document from URL [jar:file:/D:/MuleHome/lib/mule/mule-module-spring-config-3.1.0.jar!/default-mule-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cos-nonambig: "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-filter and "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-message-processor (or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two particles.
at org.mule.registry.AbstractRegistry.initialise(AbstractRegistry.java:115)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.createSpringRegistry(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:116)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.doConfigure(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:73)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractConfigurationBuilder.java:47)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:78)
at org.mule.config.builders.AutoConfigurationBuilder.autoConfigure(AutoConfigurationBuilder.java:101)
at org.mule.config.builders.AutoConfigurationBuilder.doConfigure(AutoConfigurationBuilder.java:57)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractConfigurationBuilder.java:47)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:78)
at org.mule.context.DefaultMuleContextFactory.createMuleContext(DefaultMuleContextFactory.java:79)
at org.mule.MuleServer.initialize(MuleServer.java:377)
at org.mule.MuleServer.run(MuleServer.java:267)
at org.mule.MuleServer.start(MuleServer.java:254)
at org.mule.MuleServer.main(MuleServer.java:127)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 4386 in XML document from URL [jar:file:/D:/MuleHome/lib/mule/mule-module-spring-config-3.1.0.jar!/default-mule-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cos-nonambig: "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-filter and "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-message-processor (or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two particles.
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:396)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:334)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:302)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
at org.mule.config.spring.MuleApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(MuleApplicationContext.java:107)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:130)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:467)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:397)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringRegistry.doInitialise(SpringRegistry.java:100)
at org.mule.registry.AbstractRegistry.initialise(AbstractRegistry.java:107)
... 13 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cos-nonambig: "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-filter and "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-message-processor (or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two particles.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:172)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:382)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XSConstraints.reportSchemaError(XSConstraints.java:315)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XSConstraints.fullSchemaChecking(XSConstraints.java:463)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleEndElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:2246)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:814)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:719)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1685)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:834)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:148)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:250)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:292)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:75)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:388)
... 22 more
ERROR 2011-02-25 13:55:02,358 [main] org.mule.config.builders.AutoConfigurationBuilder: Configuration with "org.mule.config.builders.AutoConfigurationBuilder" failed.
org.mule.api.config.ConfigurationException: Line 4386 in XML document from URL [jar:file:/D:/MuleHome/lib/mule/mule-module-spring-config-3.1.0.jar!/default-mule-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cos-nonambig: "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-filter and "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-message-processor (or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two particles. (org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractConfigurationBuilder.java:54)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:78)
at org.mule.config.builders.AutoConfigurationBuilder.autoConfigure(AutoConfigurationBuilder.java:101)
at org.mule.config.builders.AutoConfigurationBuilder.doConfigure(AutoConfigurationBuilder.java:57)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractConfigurationBuilder.java:47)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:78)
at org.mule.context.DefaultMuleContextFactory.createMuleContext(DefaultMuleContextFactory.java:79)
at org.mule.MuleServer.initialize(MuleServer.java:377)
at org.mule.MuleServer.run(MuleServer.java:267)
at org.mule.MuleServer.start(MuleServer.java:254)
at org.mule.MuleServer.main(MuleServer.java:127)
Caused by: org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException: Line 4386 in XML document from URL [jar:file:/D:/MuleHome/lib/mule/mule-module-spring-config-3.1.0.jar!/default-mule-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cos-nonambig: "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-filter and "http://www.mulesoft.org/schema/mule/core":abstract-message-processor (or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution". During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be created for those two particles.
at org.mule.registry.AbstractRegistry.initialise(AbstractRegistry.java:115)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.createSpringRegistry(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:116)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.doConfigure(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:73)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractConfigurationBuilder.java:47)
... 10 more
[...]

I've runned the Hello example without Eclipse before and it worked.
I think that problem resides in the Spring library, but I'm not sure.
It would be possible that I need to install this library again? I've revised libraries tab and it's this library.

Thanks in advance!

Javi.

ever zhang

Feb 25, 2011, 12:58:21 PM2/25/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Here's my solution for this issue:
Just do not place the workspace folder of eclipse to a folder whose path contains spaces character.

Javier Martínez

Feb 28, 2011, 3:35:11 AM2/28/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I've revised all my paths and there aren't any spaces.
I've done all steps that the Quick Start section mention. But It's happening the same when I try to run the project hello.
Any idea about the problem?

Thanks!

Javi.

Javier Martínez

Feb 28, 2011, 5:01:17 AM2/28/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I've achieved it!
I had forgotten to add xerces an xalan libraries!

Thanks!

Tlich Chawki

Feb 28, 2011, 6:08:01 AM2/28/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
hi,
can you tel me where exactly to put xerces an xalan libraries.
and if you can send them to me to my mail : cool...@hotmail.fr.

thanks.
waiting...

Dirk Olmes

Feb 28, 2011, 6:14:00 AM2/28/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
On 02/28/2011 12:08 PM, Tlich Chawki wrote:
> hi, can you tel me where exactly to put xerces an xalan libraries.
> and if you can send them to me to my mail : cool...@hotmail.fr.

This is actually part of the documentation:
http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3INTRO/Installing+Mule

> If you are using the Mule IDE, you must also endorse the JDK with a
> proper JAXP (Java API for XML Processing) implementation. To do this,
> download Apache Xerces and Xalan and drop the JARs into your JVM's
> jre/lib/endorsed directory. If that directory does not yet exist,
> create it.

-dirk

Tlich Chawki

Feb 28, 2011, 6:26:46 AM2/28/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
yes i see that, but i don't know what to download and to put in my JRE, that's why i say to send them to my e-mail adress.

ever zhang

Mar 1, 2011, 3:37:11 AM3/1/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Just google it.

or more specifily, they could be found here:
www.apache.org