[mule-user] Configuring MQ JMS in 2.0

golfingal72

Jul 22, 2008, 1:39:17 PM7/22/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

I am attempting to upgrade from mule 1.x to 2.0 and am having trouble
configuring my MQ JMS Connector by either not understanding the
documentation of missing something! I copied the configuration from the
documentation, but when I run mule it gives me an error. Below is my config
file and below that is the mule error. Can anyone point me in the right
direction.. all the examples have activemq and don't specify the locations
for connection and I was confused on how to use the websphere-connector on
how to specify the connection parameters using that one.

Thanks much,
Lisa

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mule xmlns="http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0"
xmlns:vm="http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/vm/2.0"
xmlns:jms="http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/jms/2.0"
xmlns:stdio="http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/stdio/2.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0/mule.xsd
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/vm/2.0
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/vm/2.0/mule-vm.xsd
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/stdio/2.0
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/stdio/2.0/mule-stdio.xsd
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/jms/2.0
http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/jms/2.0/mule-jms.xsd">

<custom-transformer name="ObjectToJMSMessage"

class="org.mule.transport.jms.transformers.ObjectToJMSMessage"/>
<custom-transformer name="JMSMessageToObject"

class="org.mule.transport.jms.transformers.JMSMessageToObject"/>

<stdio:connector name="SystemStreamConnector"
promptMessage="Please enter something: "
messageDelayTime="1000"/>

<connector name="MQJMSConnector"
className="org.mule.providers.mqseries.MQSeriesConnector">
<properties>
<property name="queueManager" value="QMD.ESB"/>
<property name="hostname" value="esbmqdev01.dev.oclc.org"/>
<property name="port" value="1414"/>
<property name="channel" value="DLE.DEV.CHANL1"/>
<property name="transportType"
value="JMSC.MQJMS_TP_BINDINGS_MQ"/>
<property name="specification" value="1.1" />
<property name="connectionFactoryClass"
value="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory"/>
</properties>
</connector>

<model name="test">

<service name="EchoUMO">
<!-- any number of endpoints can be added to an inbound router
-->
<inbound>
<stdio:inbound-endpoint system="IN"/>
<vm:inbound-endpoint path="echo"/>
</inbound>

<echo-component/>

<outbound>
<outbound-pass-through-router>
<jms:outbound-endpoint to="jms://DLE.UPDATE.OUT.DEV.QUEUE"
connector="MQJMSConnector"

transformer-refs="ObjectToJMSMessage"/>
</outbound-pass-through-router>
</outbound>
</service>
</model>
</mule>

Error:
RROR 2008-07-22 13:19:23,212 [WrapperListener_start_runner]
org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder: Con
figuration with "org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder"
failed.
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
37 in XML document from URL [file:/nfsmount
s/devexp/xwcdev/users/lcox/mule-2.0.2/lib/user/mule-jms-conf.xml] is
invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseE
xception: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with
element 'connector'. One of '{"http://www.spr
ingframework.org/schema/beans":beans,
"http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans":bean,
"http://www.springframework.o
rg/schema/context":property-placeholder,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":global-property,
"http://www.
mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":configuration,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":notifications, "ht
tp://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-extension,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abst
ract-security-manager,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-transaction-manager,
"http://www.mules
ource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-connector,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-global-en
dpoint,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-transformer,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/c
ore/2.0":abstract-filter,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-model}' is
expected.
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.
java:404)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.ja
va:342)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.ja
va:310)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractB

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid
n, "http://www.springframework.org/schema/context":property-placeholder,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.
0":global-property,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":configuration,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/m
ule/core/2.0":notifications,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-extension,
"http://www.mulesourc
e.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-security-manager,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-transa
ction-manager,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-connector,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/m
ule/core/2.0":abstract-global-endpoint,
"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-transformer,
"http://
www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.0":abstract-filter,
"http://www.mulesource.org/sc

Antoine Borg

Jul 23, 2008, 4:14:53 AM7/23/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi,

In Mule 2, there are specific connectors for certain JMS servers so you can
convert your connector declaration to:

<jms:websphere-connector/>

To configure it, use this page:
http://mule.mulesource.org/display/MULE2USER/JMS+Transport (Scroll down -
way down!)

HTH

Antoine Borg, Senior Consultant | Tel: +32 28 504 696
ricston Ltd., BP 2, 1180 Uccle, Brussels, BELGIUM
email: antoin...@ricston.com | blog: blog.ricston.com | web: ricston.com

golfingal72

Jul 23, 2008, 7:28:13 AM7/23/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Thanks for your reply, but I am not seeing how to configure the actual
connection information for the jms queue using the webphere-connector?
Where do I specify the connection information that I need? The documentation
doesn't show examples of how to do this.. do you know?

thanks again!

Antoine Borg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Mule 2, there are specific connectors for certain JMS servers so you
> can
> convert your connector declaration to:
>
> <jms:websphere-connector/>
>
> To configure it, use this page:
> http://mule.mulesource.org/display/MULE2USER/JMS+Transport (Scroll down -
> way down!)
>
> HTH
>

> Antoine Borg, Senior Consultant | Tel: +32 28 504 696
> ricston Ltd., BP 2, 1180 Uccle, Brussels, BELGIUM
> email: antoin...@ricston.com | blog: blog.ricston.com | web:
> ricston.com

Antoine Borg

Jul 24, 2008, 3:49:59 AM7/24/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi ..

In Mule 2, most properties have been converted to attributes so if you use
the code-completion features of your IDE, you should be able to tell if the
properties you use exist as attributes or not.
If they don't, I think you can use Spring properties. I've used Spring
properties for other Mule elements like filters and routers but never for
connectors.

thanks again!

> tml Sent from the Mule - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

golfingal72

Jul 24, 2008, 2:20:11 PM7/24/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Hi,

Thanks again for you reply, however, I am still having issues. I have spent
all day trying to configure the MULe 2.0 IDE in Eclipse and it's just not
working... I see nowhere where it allows me to specify the real queue
location? Is there anyone that can just give me a real concrete example
of how to configure the jms connector? If I could just see the xml for
specifying the following jms configuration it would solve my problems! This
is very frustrating because the examples are not in the documentation!

Thank you again,
Lisa

Antoine Borg wrote:

> Hi ..
>
> In Mule 2, most properties have been converted to attributes so if you use
> the code-completion features of your IDE, you should be able to tell if
> the
> properties you use exist as attributes or not.
> If they don't, I think you can use Spring properties. I've used Spring
> properties for other Mule elements like filters and routers but never for
> connectors.

> Antoine Borg, Senior Consultant | Tel: +32 28 504 696
> ricston Ltd., BP 2, 1180 Uccle, Brussels, BELGIUM
> email: antoin...@ricston.com | blog: blog.ricston.com | web:
> ricston.com

Antoine Borg

Jul 25, 2008, 2:18:30 AM7/25/08
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi again,

Andreas posted some config that should have got you working.

One point though - when you refer to the queue location, are you talking
about the name of the queue or the JMS server itself? The queue name would
be on the endpoint, of course.

I too have had problems with the Mule IDE in Eclipse but this was a month or
so ago and have yet to try the latest build in Ganymede.

Thank you again,
Lisa