[mule-user] How to increase cxf:connector threads

kotresh c

Jun 2, 2011, 2:58:46 AM6/2/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I am evaluating mule, we are getting request from web service. So defined cxf:connector please see below for my mule config.
Even though i defined maxActive="50" still its taking default(16) threads only. Please point out me what is the problem in the configuration. Thanks in advance.

<cxf:connector numberOfConcurrentTransactedReceivers="50" name="SampleConn" >
<receiver-threading-profile maxThreadsActive="50" poolExhaustedAction="RUN"/>
<dispatcher-threading-profile maxThreadsActive="50" poolExhaustedAction="RUN"/>
</cxf:connector>

<endpoint connector-ref="SampleConn" name="sampleEndpoint" synchronous="true" address="cxf:http://localhost:9093/WebService" />

<model name="SampleModel">
<service name="SampleService">
<inbound>
<inbound-endpoint ref="sampleEndpoint" />
</inbound>
<pooled-component>
<spring-object bean="sampleBean" />
<pooling-profile maxActive="50"* />
</pooled-component>
</service>
</model>

Stephen Fenech

Jun 2, 2011, 3:42:21 AM6/2/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi Kotresh,

This is just a hunch, but could you try creating an http connector and bump up the number of threads of that?

If you look at the logs, can you tell me the thread name which is doing the processing?
ricston
 Your flexible Open Source services partner
Stephen FenechConsultant
Ricston Ltd - Northfields Suite 4,
Independence Avenue, Mosta MST9026, MALTA
stephen...@ricston.com - www.ricston.com
tel: +356 21334457 - fax +356 21334156

Vlad Gleiberman

Jun 2, 2011, 9:02:55 PM6/2/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

I think that you are using 2.2 CE.

What I've found is:

·         Threads configuration on connector doesn't work

·         Threads configuration in configuration works

      <configuration>

        <default-threading-profile doThreading="true" maxBufferSize="100"

                                   poolExhaustedAction="WAIT" threadWaitTimeout="5000"

                                  maxThreadsActive="1000" maxThreadsIdle="100" />

      </configuration>

·         There is a bug in releasing finished connections back to the pool

Vlad

This email, including any attachment, is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. It is confidential and may contain personal information or be subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, reproduction or storage of it is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender via return email and delete it from your system immediately. Victoria University does not warrant that this email is free from viruses or defects and accepts no liability for any damage caused by such viruses or defects.

kotresh c

Jun 21, 2011, 5:41:42 AM6/21/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi Vlad,

Thanks for you are response. Here if in xsd configuration tag is not defined under Connector .

If i add configuration like -

<cxf:connector numberOfConcurrentTransactedReceivers="25" name="IdentificationConn" createMultipleTransactedReceivers="true">
<receiver-threading-profile doThreading="true" maxThreadsActive="50" poolExhaustedAction="RUN"/>
<configuration>
<dispatcher-threading-profile doThreading="true" axThreadsActive="${enrolResponseThreadingProfileSize}" poolExhaustedAction="RUN" />
</configuration>
</cxf:connector>

It will through sax parser Exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'configuration'. One of '{"http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.2":dispatcher-threading-profile, "http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.2":abstract-exception-strategy, "http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.2":abstract-retry-policy, "http://www.mulesource.org/schema/mule/core/2.2":service-overrides}' is expected.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)

Can you please suggest me how to add where to add configuration tag.

Vlad Gleiberman

Jun 21, 2011, 7:11:23 PM6/21/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Configuration is a child of mule element and is configured for all connectors, eg

<mule>

  <configuration>

    <default-threading-profile doThreading="true" maxBufferSize="100"

                               poolExhaustedAction="WAIT"

                               threadWaitTimeout="5000"

                               maxThreadsActive="1000" maxThreadsIdle="100" />

  </configuration>

kotresh c

Jun 22, 2011, 2:33:42 AM6/22/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi Vlad,

If i add Configuration, Its giving exception for Rabbitmq:Connector. See the below Connector declaration

<configuration>
<default-threading-profile doThreading="true" maxBufferSize="100" poolExhaustedAction="WAIT" threadWaitTimeout="5000" maxThreadsActive="1000" maxThreadsIdle="100" />
</configuration>

<rabbitmq:connector name="RabbitMQConnectorPriority">
<spring:property name="host" value="127.0.0.1" />
<spring:property name="virtualHost" value="/" />
<spring:property name="port" value="5672" />
<spring:property name="username" value="guest" />
<spring:property name="password" value="guest" />
<spring:property name="sleepTime" value="20" />
<spring:property name="retryLimit" value="8640" />
<spring:property name="retryPolicyTemplate">
<spring:bean
class="org.mule.modules.common.retry.policies.ExhaustingRetryPolicyTemplate">
<spring:property name="sleepTime" value="20" />
<spring:property name="retryLimit" value="8640" />
</spring:bean>
</spring:property>
<receiver-threading-profile maxThreadsActive="10" poolExhaustedAction="RUN" maxBufferSize="10" />

Exception i am getting is :

org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException: Initialisation Failure: Error creating bean with name 'RabbitMQConnectorPriority': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at org.mule.registry.AbstractRegistry.initialise(AbstractRegistry.java:76)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.createSpringRegistry(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:98)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'RabbitMQConnectorPriority': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)

May i know which is the wrong argument in my rabbit-connector declaration. After adding configuration only i am getting this exception.

Vlad Gleiberman

Jun 23, 2011, 12:10:20 AM6/23/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I'm not familiar with rabbitmq