[mule-user] Mule App deployed to WAS v7 as web application

Paul Benting

Oct 12, 2011, 8:15:12 AM10/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi All,

I'm new to Mule ESB. I would like to ask a quick question. Is it possible to deploy a mule application to websphere application server v7 as web application?

I tried to install a mule app on WAS 6.1 but I got this error:

[10/12/11 17:58:20:854 GMT+08:00] 00000023 SystemOut O - Configuration with "org.mule.config.builders.WebappMuleXmlConfigurationBuilder" failed.
org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException: Error creating bean with name '_muleSimpleRegistryBootstrap' defined in default-mule-config.xml: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException: org.mule.api.config.ConfigurationException: *Do not understand how to handle protocol: wsjar* (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException)
at org.mule.registry.AbstractRegistry.initialise(AbstractRegistry.java:115)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.createSpringRegistry(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:116)
at org.mule.config.spring.SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.doConfigure(SpringXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:73)
at org.mule.config.builders.WebappMuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.doConfigure(WebappMuleXmlConfigurationBuilder.java:82)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractConfigurationBuilder.java:47)
at org.mule.config.builders.AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.configure(AbstractResourceConfigurationBuilder.java:78)
at org.mule.context.DefaultMuleContextFactory.createMuleContext(DefaultMuleContextFactory.java:97)

[10/12/11 17:58:22:889 GMT+08:00] 00000023 WebExtensionP E Error occured while preparing the servlet for initialization.
javax.servlet.ServletException: *Property mule.context not set on ServletContext*
at org.mule.transport.servlet.AbstractReceiverServlet.setupMuleContext(AbstractReceiverServlet.java:136)
at org.mule.transport.servlet.AbstractReceiverServlet.init(AbstractReceiverServlet.java:118)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:185)

Paul Benting

Oct 12, 2011, 8:20:36 AM10/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
I followed the instruction on this guide: http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/Deploying+Mule+to+WebSphere

but I still got the same error.

stephane rondal

Nov 18, 2011, 9:29:38 AM11/18/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hi,

I don't know for Websphere v7, but I successfully deployed a Mule application as a WAR on Websphere v8.
At first, I ran into problem similars to yours, but I realized that some of jar files were conflicting with those of Websphere.
After removing those conflicting jars, all went fine.
Look for jars such as xml-apis, jpa, etc. in your WEB-INF/lib and remove them.

HTH,
Stephane