[mule-user] FTP Inbound endpoint not polling new files.

wb123

Feb 27, 2009, 6:00:30 AM2/27/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

I´m having problems with the FTP connector, I only ever get a single pick up,
there is no polling. Sometimes I actually get an error (see below) after the
first pickup, I think it happens whenever there are more than 2 files to be
picked up.
All the inital files are picked up and routed to the outbound endpoint, but
an additional files inserted on the FTP server after mule has been started
are not picked up.
Anybody got an idea what could be causing this, am I missing some property
on the endpoint or could it be the FTP server I´m talking to?

ERROR 2009-02-27 10:51:16,606 [ftpConnector.receiver.6]
org.mule.DefaultExceptionStrategy: Caught exception in Exception Strategy:
Unknown parser type: Directory successfully changed.
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.ParserInitializationException: Unknown
parser type: Directory successfully changed.
at
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.createFileEntryParser(DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.java:118)
at
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:2358)
at
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:2141)
at
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:2188)
at
org.mule.transport.ftp.FtpMessageReceiver.listFiles(FtpMessageReceiver.java:96)
at
org.mule.transport.ftp.FtpMessageReceiver.poll(FtpMessageReceiver.java:72)
at
org.mule.transport.PollingReceiverWorker.run(PollingReceiverWorker.java:47)
at org.mule.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:310)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
INFO 2009-02-27 10:51:16,606 [ftpConnector.receiver.6]
org.mule.DefaultExceptionStrategy: There is no current event available,
routing Null message with the exception

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22243625/mule-conf.xml mule-conf.xml

wb123

Feb 27, 2009, 6:09:55 AM2/27/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Forgot to mention, I've tried with both mule CE 2.1.1 and EE 2.1.2

dhenton9000

Feb 27, 2009, 3:00:50 PM2/27/09
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

check out http://www.mulesource.org/jira/browse/MULE-3192, just fixed in 2.2.
The symptoms are something like you describe: pick up files initially then
no continued polling.

It might be relevant.

HTH