[mule-user] Zip deployment Issue: "Could not create directory"

Seb T

Jan 10, 2011, 9:04:00 AM1/10/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a sample flow as example. When I try to deploy the directory with my files it works fine. But when I try to deploy a zip version of this directory I get the following error:

+INFO 2011-01-07 18:09:28,300 [Mule.app.deployer.monitor.1.thread.1] org.mule.module.launcher.DefaultMuleDeployer: Exploding a Mule application archive: file:/D:/Programs/mulesoft/mule-enterprise-standalone-3.1.0/apps/POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip
ERROR 2011-01-07 18:09:28,320 [Mule.app.deployer.monitor.1.thread.1] org.mule.module.launcher.DeploymentService: Failed to deploy application archive: POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip org.mule.module.launcher.DeploymentException: Failed to deploy from URL: file:/D:/Programs/mulesoft/mule-enterprise-standalone-3.1.0/apps/POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip at org.mule.module.launcher.DeploymentService.deploy(DeploymentService.java:298) at org.mule.module.launcher.DeploymentService$AppDirWatcher.run(DeploymentService.java:441) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not create directory: D:\Programs\mulesoft\mule-enterprise-standalone-3.1.0\apps\POC-Scenario-2-EAI\classes at org.mule.util.FileUtils.unzip(FileUtils.java:314) at org.mule.module.launcher.DefaultMuleDeployer.installFrom(DefaultMuleDeployer.java:193) at org.mule.module.launcher.DeploymentService.deploy(DeploymentService.java:284) ... 10 more+

*Could this be a permission issue? Sounds weird as I have administrator rights on my machine...*

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advances!
Regards,
Seb!

Andrew Perepelytsya

Jan 10, 2011, 9:19:40 AM1/10/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Sounds like there could be a failed previous deployment of the same app. Verify and delete one if there.

HTH,
Andrew

Dirk Olmes

Jan 10, 2011, 9:26:33 AM1/10/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
On 01/10/2011 03:19 PM, Andrew Perepelytsya wrote:
> Sounds like there could be a failed previous deployment of the same app.
> Verify and delete one if there.

... stating the obvious: you need to stop Mule if you want to remove
that previous deployment, some classloader inside Mule may still be
holding on to that classes directory ...

-dirk

Seb T

Jan 11, 2011, 11:18:55 AM1/11/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Thank you for your help,

I had nothing conflicting in my /apps directory.
Actually the point is that if I try to develop the zip version of my application it fails, but if right after the exploded version of the same application it works!

Seb!

Dirk Olmes

Jan 11, 2011, 12:49:33 PM1/11/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
On 01/11/2011 05:18 PM, Seb T wrote:
> Thank you for your help,
>
> I had nothing conflicting in my /apps directory. Actually the point
> is that if I try to develop the zip version of my application it
> fails, but if right after the exploded version of the same
> application it works!

Not sure what you mean ... how do you build the zip version of your
application?

-dirk

Seb T

Jan 12, 2011, 4:19:33 AM1/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
Simply by zipping my exploded version of it. Here is my zip structure:

> POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip
> classes (java classes of my mule project)
> lib (dependent libraries)
> ressources (xsl templates)
mule-config.xml

I built this folder structure manually.
*I didn't how to automatically package a Mule project in Mule IDE to a deployable zip : is there any way of doing that?*

Thank you very much,
Seb!

Dirk Olmes

Jan 12, 2011, 4:35:46 AM1/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
On 01/12/2011 10:19 AM, Seb T wrote:
> Simply by zipping my exploded version of it. Here is my zip
> structure:
>
>> POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip classes (java classes of my mule project)
>> lib (dependent libraries) ressources (xsl templates)
> mule-config.xml
>
> I built this folder structure manually. *I didn't how to
> automatically package a Mule project in Mule IDE to a deployable zip
> : is there any way of doing that?*

That has been on my TODO list for quite some time now. Currently there
is no way to package a Mule app zip from Mule IDE but the plan is to
change the current builder to create a .zip every time it builds. Alas,
I only need to find some time to actually implement it.

-dirk

Seb T

Jan 12, 2011, 9:05:56 AM1/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
OK no problem..
But about my zip, do you think something's wrong?

+POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip+
+classes (java classes of my mule project)+
+lib (dependent libraries)+
+ressources (xsl templates, properties files)+
+mule-config.xml+

Thanks,
Seb!

Dirk Olmes

Jan 12, 2011, 10:48:19 AM1/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org
On 01/12/2011 03:05 PM, Seb T wrote:
> OK no problem..
> But about my zip, do you think something's wrong?
>
> +POC-Scenario-2-EAI.zip+
> +classes (java classes of my mule project)+
> +lib (dependent libraries)+
> +ressources (xsl templates, properties files)+

The resources definitely go into the classes folder. Apart from that I'd
need an example of your invalid zip to play around with.

-dirk

Andrew Perepelytsya

Jan 12, 2011, 11:54:20 AM1/12/11
to us...@mule.codehaus.org

Please providedetailed steps. Is your app deploying ok and fails on redeployment?

Andrew