[mule-dev] messageException why?

atiz

Apr 25, 2007, 4:56:14 AM4/25/07
to d...@mule.codehaus.org

Hi all, I have encountered the following exception:

[RahasEventComponent onCall] DEBUG: ReplyTo Queue: null
[RahasEventComponent onCall] DEBUG: onCall(UMOEventContext)CmsEventComponent
- end
[DefaultComponentExceptionStrategy logException] ERROR:
Message : Failed to process event for component
"MY_ECHO_UMO5". Message payload is of type: com.sss.eeee.c
ommon.vo.messaging.MessageVo
Type : org.mule.umo.MessagingException
Code : 29999
JavaDoc :
http://mule.codehaus.org/docs/apidocs/org/mule/umo/MessagingException.html
Payload : com.sss.eeee.common.vo.messaging.MessageVo@1307ef8
Exception stack is:
1. null (java.lang.NullPointerException)
org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter:68
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/NullPointerExcep
tion.html)
2. Failed to process event for component "MY_ECHO_UMO5". Message payload is
of type: com.scs.adms.common.vo.messaging.Me
ssageVo (org.mule.umo.MessagingException)
org.mule.impl.model.DefaultMuleProxy:439
(http://mule.codehaus.org/docs/apidocs/org/mule/umo/MessagingException.html)
Root Exception stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.mule.routing.outbound.OutboundMessageRouter.route(OutboundMessageRouter.java:68)
at
org.mule.impl.model.DefaultMuleProxy.run(DefaultMuleProxy.java:414)
at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:290)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)

at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I am only using an inbound router in my mule-config.xml:

<mule-descriptor name="MY_ECHO_UMO5"
implementation="com.scs.adms.common.endpoint.CmsEventComponent">
<inbound-router>
<endpoint address="CMS_Event"/>
</inbound-router>
</mule-descriptor>

Where have I went wrong? Also, to call the component, I have use
mc.send("CMS_Event",muleMessage);
which is not asynchronous.

I have checked that it does run through smoothly, able to update the
database, but just don't understand why it will pop up this exception. Is it
a bug?

Andrew Perepelytsya

Apr 25, 2007, 12:38:12 PM4/25/07
to d...@mule.codehaus.org
It's unclear from the information provided. Mule version, source code, config.

Andrew

org.mule.impl.model.DefaultMuleProxy.run (DefaultMuleProxy.java:414)