[mule-dev] Re: [mule-scm] [mule] [7017] branches/mule-2.x/core/src/main/resources: While trying to fix the Http Polling test case, I found a bug in Lifecycle Management.

Andrew Perepelytsya

Jun 9, 2007, 11:25:49 AM6/9/07
to d...@mule.codehaus.org
I just recently got to the point where I can ask specific technical questions on lifecycle. This revision may have changed things, but what I noticed was that after calling managementContext.dispose() the call to managementContext.isDisposed () returned false (it no longer uses the flag).

Will check with the latest and add a test case in case it's still relevant.

Andrew

On 9 Jun 2007 09:07:01 -0000, ross...@codehaus.org <ross...@codehaus.org> wrote:
Revision
7017
Author
rossmason
Date
2007-06-09 04:07:00 -0500 (Sat, 09 Jun 2007)

Log Message

While trying to fix the Http Polling test case, I found a bug in Lifecycle Management. Pairing up lifecycle phases fixed this becuase we can now reliably say  that if somthing is stopped, then start can be called again on the object. I got no feedback on the lifecycle email so I took silence as acceptance :). Added some JavaDoc to lifecycle objects.

Andrew Perepelytsya

Jun 9, 2007, 11:50:45 AM6/9/07
to d...@mule.codehaus.org
r7023

I have constant problems with the modified polling restart testcase. I'm sure those socket exceptions were never meant to be:

= Testing:  polling receivers restart                                          =
= (org.mule.providers.http.functional.PollingReceiversRestartTestCase)         =
[06-09 11:48:28] WARN  ImmutableMuleEndpoint [MuleServer]: org.mule.registry.RegistrationException: Unable to find the endpoint's connector registryId
[06-09 11:48:28] WARN  ImmutableMuleEndpoint [MuleServer]: org.mule.registry.RegistrationException: Unable to find the endpoint's connector registryId
[06-09 11:48:28] WARN  ImmutableMuleEndpoint [MuleServer]: org.mule.registry.RegistrationException: Unable to find the endpoint's connector registryId
[06-09 11:48:29] WARN  OutboundRouterCollection [TestServer.2]: Message did not match any routers on: TestServer and there is no catch all strategy configured on this router.  Disposing message.
 Received[06-09 11:48:30] WARN  OutboundRouterCollection [ TestServer.3]: Message did not match any routers on: TestServer and there is no catch all strategy configured on this router.  Disposing message.
 Received[06-09 11:48:31] ERROR DefaultExceptionStrategy [PollingHttpConnector.scheduler.1 ]: Caught exception in Exception Strategy: Unexpected end of file from server
java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$3.run(HttpURLConnection.java:840)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged (Native Method)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:834)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:601)
        at org.mule.providers.http.PollingHttpMessageReceiver.poll(PollingHttpMessageReceiver.java:122)
        at org.mule.providers.AbstractPollingMessageReceiver.run(AbstractPollingMessageReceiver.java:130)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:198)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:138)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:238)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException : Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:866)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:743)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream (HttpURLConnection.java:629)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(HttpURLConnection.java:1496)
        at java.net.URLConnection.getHeaderFieldInt(URLConnection.java:476)
        at java.net.URLConnection.getContentLength(URLConnection.java:371)
        at org.mule.providers.http.PollingHttpMessageReceiver.poll(PollingHttpMessageReceiver.java:111)
        ... 8 more
[06-09 11:48:32] WARN  OutboundRouterCollection [ TestServer.4]: Message did not match any routers on: TestServer and there is no catch all strategy configured on this router.  Disposing message.
 Received[06-09 11:48:33] WARN  OutboundRouterCollection [TestServer.2]: Message did not match any routers on: TestServer and there is no catch all strategy configured on this router.  Disposing message.
 Received[06-09 11:48:34] ERROR DefaultExceptionStrategy [PollingHttpConnector.scheduler.1]: Caught exception in Exception Strategy: Unexpected end of file from server
java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance (DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
[...]
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.047 sec

Results :

Travis Carlson

Jun 9, 2007, 1:09:05 PM6/9/07
to d...@mule.codehaus.org
> I got no feedback on the lifecycle email so I took silence as acceptance :).

+1 from me on your proposal, making the lifecycle phases symmetrical makes sense. We should update the diagram at some point.

Travis

wrote:

> Revision 7017 <http://fisheye.codehaus.org/changelog/mule/?cs=7017>

> Author rossmason Date 2007-06-09 04:07:00 -0500 (Sat, 09 Jun 2007) Log
> Message
>
> While trying to fix the Http Polling test case, I found a bug in Lifecycle Management. Pairing up lifecycle phases fixed this becuase we can now reliably say that if somthing is stopped, then start can be called again on the object. I got no feedback on the lifecycle email so I took silence as acceptance :). Added some JavaDoc to lifecycle objects.

Ross Mason

Jun 9, 2007, 2:13:35 PM6/9/07
to d...@mule.codehaus.org
I sent an email about this 8 hours ago,
not fixed yet though and I need to head out now

Cheers,

Ross Mason
MuleSource

Malta Tel: +356 99 575067