Different bookmarks for each context

gspe

Sep 23, 2017, 3:31:09 PM9/23/17
to mu-discuss
Hi,
I'd like to know if is it possible to have different bookmarks for each context.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Sep 24, 2017, 6:15:28 AM9/24/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Sure -- except for some global settings like `mu4e-maildir' and
`mu4e-mu-home' you can change any variable, including `mu4e-bookmarks'.

That even includes non-mu4e specific settings, e.g., you could have a
different background color for different contexts.

Kind regards,
Dirk.
--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

gspe

Sep 24, 2017, 8:26:52 AM9/24/17
to mu-discuss
Thanks for fast reply.
Since I' new to lisp, can you give me an example how to set bookmarks in vars:?
I've tried something but I get empty variables.

Thanks.

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 12:15:28 PM UTC+2, djcb wrote:

On Saturday Sep 23 2017, gspe wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to know if is it possible to have different bookmarks for each
> context.

Sure -- except for some global settings like `mu4e-maildir' and
`mu4e-mu-home' you can change any variable, including `mu4e-bookmarks'.

That even includes non-mu4e specific settings, e.g., you could have a
different background color for different contexts.

Kind regards,
Dirk.
--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Sep 24, 2017, 2:12:29 PM9/24/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday Sep 24 2017, gspe wrote:

> Thanks for fast reply.
> Since I' new to lisp, can you give me an example how to set bookmarks in
> vars:?
> I've tried something but I get empty variables.

Ah, lucky you! Elisp might be a bit quirky, but it's fun to learn!

Now, for this specific thing, something like the following should work:

:vars '(

[...]
(mu4e-bookmarks .
(("subject:banana" "Messages about bananas" ?b)
("subject:capybara" "Messages about capybaras" ?t)
("date:14..now" "Last fortnight" ?w)))
[...])

Kind regards,
Dirk.