Bookmark missing some messages

Jay Dresser

Apr 13, 2015, 1:52:00 PM4/13/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I have a bookmark for this mailing list and orgmode like this:

    (add-to-list 'mu4e-bookmarks '("maildir:/INBOX to:mu* OR maildir:/INBOX to:emacs-...@gnu.org OR maildir:/INBOX cc:emacs-...@gnu.org"
                                 "Mailing Lists"                             ?m))

But messages like this:

get missed and not shown in the bookmark view.  I wonder if this is because it is the second address.
Did I state the bookmark incorrectly, or is this a bug, or expected behavior?

emacs 24.4.1
mu4e-mu-version 0.9.11

Ken Mankoff

Apr 13, 2015, 1:56:24 PM4/13/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

It may be the second address. At least one other mailing list participant has a second-address bug. See recent thread with subject "Querry contact-fields with more than one contact".

-k.

Jay Dresser

Apr 14, 2015, 1:26:01 AM4/14/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I did as DJCB suggested and deleted the .mu dir. I also updated all my packages. The problem persists. I wonder if it's really a contacts problem.

In the last message in the thread you refer to, Chris Boo says he sees the error in Ubuntu 14.10 but not in 14.04 which he thought meant a bug was introduced.

I can see that you tried to reproduce the problem, it seems like you were manually fabricating the mail messages but I'm not sure.
It looked like you were trying to prove that the secondary addresses were making it into the database.
Do I assume the search query is going direct to Xapian?

I suppose this is not a super common problem for people so it may not come up much.
I think there's a bug but I'm not sure where. I'm still fairly new to elisp but I'd be willing to have a look if I had a clue where to look.

On 2015-04-13 at 13:51, Jay Dresser <jtg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a bookmark for this mailing list and orgmode like this:
>
>     (add-to-list 'mu4e-bookmarks '("maildir:/INBOX to:mu* OR maildir:/INBOX

Ken Mankoff

Apr 14, 2015, 10:08:46 AM4/14/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On 2015-04-14 at 01:26, Jay Dresser <jtg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can see that you tried to reproduce the problem, it seems like you were
> manually fabricating the mail messages but I'm not sure.

Yes. Trying to keep things simple and repeatable and easily testable.

> It looked like you were trying to prove that the secondary addresses were
> making it into the database.

On my system, yes. On Boo's, no.

> Do I assume the search query is going direct to Xapian?

Don't know.

> I suppose this is not a super common problem for people so it may not
> come up much.

Seems that way.

-k.