Gnus & mu

Gour

Jul 14, 2015, 4:33:28 AM7/14/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I’m using mu4e for all my email accounts for some time and it works great,
but I consider that, maybe, it would be more convenient to use Gnus for
mailing lists which for most of the time I wa doing via Gmane (nntp).

So, I wonder if anyone can share experience of using Gnus+mu?

Sincerely,
Gour
--
Abandoning all attachment to the results of his activities,
ever satisfied and independent, he performs no fruitive action,

Gour

Jul 16, 2015, 1:26:34 AM7/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Gour <go...@atmarama.net> writes:

> So, I wonder if anyone can share experience of using Gnus+mu?

I’ve found out that there nnir-notmuch-engine support in Gnus

(http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/commit/?id=392690f0c83ff0697a48691ec4e81a4d91d7577c)

and considering that both mu & notmuch as using the same Xapian, how much
work would it be to modify nnir-notmuch-engine back-end to tailor it to work
with mu, iow. to add nnir-mu-engine to the Gnus?

--
Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners,
when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge