Finding Emails with a Period in Them

David Aaron Fendley

Mar 24, 2015, 2:29:00 PM3/24/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm needing to searhc for currenty values (i.e. "14.99").

Searches containing a period return zero results. I can find the email
with just "14". I've tried using backslash to escape the period.

How do I find messages with a literal period?

--
David Aaron Fendley

Chris Boo

Mar 30, 2015, 4:43:56 AM3/30/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com, tri...@me.com
Hi,

I bumped into the same problem today. Any luck finding a solution?

Cheers,

Christian

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 30, 2015, 5:11:45 AM3/30/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com, tri...@me.com
Mu/mu4e uses the Xapian database engine, which indexes the text, and sees
'.' (and few other things) a word separators. Mu tries a few tricks, but
ultimately this cannot easily be fixed without changing Xapian; see e.g.
http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/113

Sorry...

Dirk.

--