Automatic capture message forwarding

slo...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 1:05:08 PM8/13/17
to mu-discuss
Hi,

one last mu4e request:

At the moment I forward full message by capturing them (a c), composing new email and then attaching the captured. Is it possible to automate this, i.e. in addition to standard forwarding (which annoying doesn't include From and To fields), I'd like a "captured forward', which would be like forward (f shortkey), i.e. capture, forward with the FW: in the subject line and then attach captured?

anze

Mohamed HIBTI

Aug 17, 2017, 8:41:08 AM8/17/17
to mu-discuss
Hi anze,
For the annoying behavior Anna has suggested something in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gnu.emacs.help/NOSL1GZKKdM
that works fine.
I hope this helps.
Mohamed

slo...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2017, 7:16:37 AM8/20/17
to mu-discuss
Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for suggestion, but I'm getting

error in process filter: insert: Symbol's function definition is void: mail-header-from
error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: mail-header-from

Any ideas? I guess interface has changed since 2012 and my elisp is non-existing... :(

Thanks again,

Mohamed HIBTI

Aug 28, 2017, 9:52:33 AM8/28/17
to mu-discuss
Hi anze,
I'm sorry I didn't noticed this reply.
Check if you have nnheader (this is part of gnus and should be part of emacs).
can you evaluate (C-x C-e) this.

(require 'nnheader)
and try again.
Regards,
Mohamed

slo...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2017, 4:18:15 PM8/28/17
to mu-discuss
Hi Mohamed,

You're a star. This works and is nearly perfect. I'd also like the to: and cc: fields, but they don't seem to exist in nnheaders (i.e. looking here: https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/master/lisp/gnus/nnheader.el under header access).
Do you know why not? Seems a bit strange to me to be missing this.
Thanks again for your time,