Keeping messages on server

Ken Mankoff

Feb 7, 2018, 9:10:45 PM2/7/18
to mu-discuss
Hi Mu Group,

I'd like messages I delete (or move to a local folder via mu) to remain on the server. I'm not sure if this is a mu, DavMail, mbsync, or Outlook feature. I've looked at all briefly. I'm starting at the downstream client side (mu), and hope someone on this list can point me in the right direction.

I use mu to check two email INBOX, and then archive messages locally on my computer. For the Gmail inbox (accessed via mbsync IMAP to Gmail), when I archive it locally, a copy remains on the server in "All Mail". For the Outlook inbox (accessed via mbsync IMAP to DavMail IMAP to Office365.com), when I archive locally it disappears from the server.

Can someone advise how I can change this behavior?

Thanks,

-k.

Mohamed HIBTI

Feb 8, 2018, 6:21:00 AM2/8/18
to mu-discuss
Hi Ken,
It seems to me that this is a mbsync configuration issue.
Have you seen This

http://pragmaticemacs.com/emacs/migrating-from-offlineimap-to-mbsync-for-mu4e/

I hope it helps,
Mohamed