update headers view without indexing

Rodrigo Amestica

Apr 6, 2016, 2:49:18 PM4/6/16
to mu-discuss
I use offlineimap. In its rc file I'm using 'postsynchook = mu index -m ~/maildir' to re-index every time after a synchronize completes in one of my accounts out there (autorefresh = 5).

This means that in mu4e I would like to disable any automatic update (mu4e-update-interval nil). But I cannot find a way to tell mu4e to update the headers view without invoking mu4e-update-mail-and-index.

Is there a way to force a headers update without indexing mu? I tried mu4e-headers-rerun-search, but it does not realize that there is new mail, already indexed in mu, since last time offlineimap finished a synchronize refresh.

Thanks,
 Rodrigo

Rodrigo Amestica

Apr 7, 2016, 8:00:53 PM4/7/16
to mu-discuss
I played with mu4e~update-sentinel-func replacing mu4e-update-index by 'ignore' and that did not really work.

In the process I came to grasp that it is probably not a very good idea to move mu's indexing outside mu4e. Because mu4e accesses the database in any case for different purposes and at different moments. If the database has been locked externally then again I would have an inconvenient situation.