mu4e~contact-list and mu4e~contacts-for-completion are empty

661 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Peter Salazar

não lida,
5 de mar. de 2016, 22:37:3505/03/2016
para mu-discuss
Hey everyone,

I'm on Emacs, switching to mu4e from notmuch-mode, which I was previously using in conjunction with org-contacts.

I've gotten mu4e working and downloading new mail, but I haven't been able to get contact completion working.

After mu4e-compose-new or mu4e-compose-reply, if from the To: field I enter text and hit TAB, nothing happens. (TAB seems to be bound to message-tab.)

When I do mu4e-complete-contact, again nothing happens.

I queried mu4e~contact-list and mu4e~contacts-for-completion and both are nil.

I did double-check that org-contacts was disabled and that (require 'org-contacts) does not appear anywhere in my config.

How do I get mu4e to automatically collect contacts from my inbox and autocomplete addresses when I'm composing?

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Peter Salazar

não lida,
5 de mar. de 2016, 22:41:2505/03/2016
para mu-discuss
Oh and I should add that I've also done this, but same problem:

(setq mu4e-compose-complete-only-after nil)
(setq mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal nil)

Peter Salazar

não lida,
5 de mar. de 2016, 23:38:5805/03/2016
para mu-discuss
Actually, I was wrong, setting (setq mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal nil) did fix it!

I still don't understand why it doesn't work with (setq mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal t). It seems like it should work:

~/gnulisp (master *) $ mu cfind | wc -l
 5800

~/gnulisp (master *) $ mu cfind --personal | wc -l
 2266

In Emacs:

M-x mu4e
495 contacts received

M-: (length mu4e~contacts-for-completion) RET returns:

395 (#o613, #x18b, ?Ƌ)

...but I still was getting no auto-complete.

Only by removing the (mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal) line did I get it working.

Is there something else I have to do to get address completion working when mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal is set to t?

Peter Salazar

não lida,
6 de mar. de 2016, 01:09:0806/03/2016
para mu-discuss
In the end, this is what worked for me:

$ rm -r ~/.mu
$ mu index --my-address=na...@domain.com --maildir=/Users/ps/mail/gmail

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 10:37:35 PM UTC-5, Peter Salazar wrote:

Yuri D'Elia

não lida,
6 de mar. de 2016, 09:41:1806/03/2016
para mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Mar 06 2016, Peter Salazar <cycle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the end, this is what worked for me:
>
> $ rm -r ~/.mu
> $ mu index --my-address=na...@domain.com --maildir=/Users/ps/mail/gmail

Maybe it should be clarified that when using mu4e-complete-only-personal
you need to re-index.

Peter Salazar

não lida,
6 de mar. de 2016, 11:33:3406/03/2016
para mu-discuss
Yeah, that wasn't in the documentation anywhere.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

não lida,
7 de mar. de 2016, 12:48:1807/03/2016
para mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday Mar 06 2016, Peter Salazar wrote:

> Actually, I was wrong, setting (setq mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal
> nil) did fix it!
>
> I still don't understand why it doesn't work with (setq
> mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal t). It seems like it should work:
>
> ~/gnulisp (master *) $ mu cfind | wc -l
> 5800
>
> ~/gnulisp (master *) $ mu cfind --personal | wc -l
> 2266
>
> In Emacs:
>
> M-x mu4e
> 495 contacts received
>
> M-: (length mu4e~contacts-for-completion) RET returns:
>
> 395 (#o613, #x18b, ?Ƌ)
>
> ...but I still was getting no auto-complete.
>
> Only by removing the (mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal) line did I get
> it working.
>
> Is there something else I have to do to get address completion working when
> mu4e-compose-complete-only-personal is set to t?

Note, in current mu4e (0.9.16), the internal variable is called
mu4e~contacts and is a hash-table.

What's considered 'my address' is what was passed as --my-address to 'mu
index' (or implicitly, when using mu4e). And messages are only indexed
when they changed.

This has been quite easy to get wrong, so at some point I'd like to
replace it with something better.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--