newbie error process filter

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 12:31:35 AM9/28/16
to mu-discuss
Hi-

I installed offlineimap and emacs24 gtk.
If I do m-x mu4e and then j for jump to mail and then pick a directory I get a process filter message.
I tried to put a line like this:

(setq mu4e-html2text-command "html2text -utf8 -width 72")

in my emacs lisp.

I can update it because it says indexing completed 1144.

For some reason, I can't view what is in my mail folders in ~/Maildir.

It says error in process filter symbols function definition is void add-face-text property.

Any ideas how i can get past that message and see my messages?

thx- jim

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 12:59:18 AM9/28/16
to mu-discuss
One other idea is that I am not sure where the executable for mu4e is residing.
Could it be that when I did configure make install that mu4e is not a binary residing
in a directory where it can be found. I got an error...something to do about 50dictionaries with make.
Do I need a binary for mu4e for this to work? I checked with catfish file search and had no binary to
point to. I will run that once again to make sure.

thx. for any help.

jim