quote level, message elides, and comment-dwim

Ken Mankoff

Jun 9, 2015, 9:48:04 AM6/9/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group,

I'm trying to improve the message-elides function (bound to C-c C-e, replaces selected region or paragraph with "[...]") so that it respects quotation indent level.

for example, if I have a

> message
> like
> this

And I C-c C-e on the middle line, it should look like:

> message
> [...]
> this

But instead it looks like

> message
[...]
> this

Is there a function that returns the current quote level for mu4e? I did not find something like this in the source.

Thanks,

-k.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Jun 9, 2015, 12:47:05 PM6/9/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to deduce it with a combination of
`message-yank-prefix' and `count-matches'.

Regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland