Name encodings

Christophe Troestler

Mar 27, 2018, 1:46:46 PM3/27/18
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sometimes, when I send an email to "Stéphanie B", it comes back to me with the following escaping:

=?utf-8?Q?=22St=C3=A9phanie?= B"

It may not be mu4e's fault because the copy sent into the draft folder =?utf-8?Q?St=C3=A9phanie_B?= but the former is not well decoded. Could a fix be made for that form of escaping?

Cheers,
C.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Apr 4, 2018, 1:15:54 AM4/4/18
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christophe,
Probably something in gmime...

Please file an issue on github, with the raw message (i.e., the file on
disk) attached. You can remove any incriminating details, as long an
email message remains that shows the erroneous behaviour), and it might
end up in the mu unit tests.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--