Deleted Emails in my Trash Folders

nils.s...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2016, 9:31:19 AM12/20/16
to mu-discuss
Hi there everybody,

I am a brand new mu4e user and at the moment I am setting up my system and I am really glad that there is a mailing list.
I'm almost done. But in the last steps offlineimap or mu4e shows, let's say, unwanted behaviour.
To work with multiple accounts I use the new context system and mu4e does a pretty good job in recognizing which context I would like to us. But I have the following problem. Every time I delete an e-mail it is moved to the local trash folder but it is not synchronized, thus the trash folder on my mail server is not updated.
And pressing "U" again, hence executing offlineimap once more, the local trash folder is emptied.
I would like that the trash folders are synchronized and not cleaned up automatically.
Do you have any clue what I can do about this?

Thanks a lot!
Greets,
Nils

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Dec 21, 2016, 8:49:06 AM12/21/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nils,
What happens to the messages in the trash folder is due to what
offlineimap does; mu4e does not nothing with them on its own accord.

Perhaps this older discussion can help:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mu-discuss/m4ORymDlf0E/4HPCFmAl49MJ

Cheers,
Dirk.