forwarding html emails

Matt Price

Mar 28, 2017, 9:21:02 AM3/28/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
While I'm thinking about mu4e...

One of the few pain points I still have with mu4e (now that my encoding thing is fixed, sorry for the noise in: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mu-discuss/MaYcS5uRcsM and thanks to the thoughtful respondents in https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mu-discuss/NJgRONE7Xuk) is forwarding visually complex html emails. Often the text versions of these emails are extremely impoverished and hard to read, so my correspondents (who use outlook or thunderbird or webmail) have a hard time with them. I keep an instance of thunderbird up and running for this very purpose, but I'd like to stop doing that. Does anyone else encounter this difficulty, and/or have a solution for it?

Thanks again,
Matt

Christophe Troestler

Mar 28, 2017, 11:20:13 AM3/28/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
One way to do that is to capture the message (a-c) and then attach the
captured message to your email (you will then forward the headers too).

Best,
C.

Matt Price

Mar 28, 2017, 2:25:13 PM3/28/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
huh.  thanks for that, that does seem to work. The recipient still has to click on the attached captured message though.  I wonder if there's a straightforward way to get around that requirement.

Christian Hopps

Mar 28, 2017, 2:41:51 PM3/28/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Christophe Troestler <christophe...@gmail.com> writes:
> One way to do that is to capture the message (a-c) and then attach the captured
> message to your email (you will then forward the headers too).

I really wish there was a single function to create a reply message
attaching a capture of the one I am replying to. Then I could make a
simple keystroke (e.g., M-R) map to it. I use this so frequently and
it's an annoying process to have to repeat over and over again. :)

Thanks,
Chris.
signature.asc

Christophe Troestler

Mar 28, 2017, 5:55:50 PM3/28/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Does it also happen if you change (manually) the disposition to inline?

Matt Price

Mar 29, 2017, 7:03:26 AM3/29/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if there's a better way to do this but I just changed "disposition=attachment" to "disposition=inline" in the attachment description  that mu4e generates in the compose buffer.  When I look at the mail in Thunderbird, it still appears as an attachment that needs to be clicked on to be viewed.