Disabling mu from running within emacs

Dan LaManna

Feb 18, 2016, 5:57:32 PM2/18/16
to mu-discuss
I run offlineimap/mu indexer via a systemd service and would rather control everything at that level.

However I'm getting "xapian database locked" errors all over the place because it appears at some interval mu4e is trying to run some mu server. Is there way to configure it to stop running mu by default?

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Feb 19, 2016, 12:35:01 AM2/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
mu4e requires the mu server process, which requires read-write access to
the xapian database; and while Xapian allows for multiple readers, there
can be only one writer.

You can still run offlineimap from your service, but best let mu4e
handle the indexing then.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--