Reply to all, but not myself as a CC correspondent

Rob Stewart

Mar 16, 2015, 9:12:08 AM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I hit `S-r a` to reply to all participants in an email thread, mu4e includes my email address as a CC correspondent. I always go and remove this manually. How can I tell mu4e to not include my address in the CC line?

Thanks!

--
Rob

Alexander Rössler

Mar 16, 2015, 9:24:27 AM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Use Google. I also had this problem but found a solution somewhere.
--
Alexander Rössler

Jeroen Tiebout

Mar 16, 2015, 11:11:05 AM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Excellent question.
If google does find a solution for you, I and maybe others, would
appreciate you posting it here :)

Cheers,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen Tiebout

Alexander Rössler

Mar 16, 2015, 11:17:48 AM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
If I remember correctly you cave to add your email addresses to this
list:

(add-to-list 'mu4e-user-mail-address-list "what...@random.org")

Regards
Alexander
--
Alexander Rössler

Rob Stewart

Mar 16, 2015, 5:08:03 PM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

On Monday, 16 March 2015 15:17:48 UTC, Alexander Rössler wrote:
If I remember correctly you cave to add your email addresses to this
list:

  (add-to-list 'mu4e-user-mail-address-list "what...@random.org")

Great, this worked a treat -- exactly the behaviour I was hoping for. Thanks!

--
Rob

Rob Stewart

Mar 16, 2015, 5:41:29 PM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I should add, this documentation was added in:

It should appear under the "Other Settings" section in mu4e.texi, though the online docs do not reflect this additional documentation:

http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/Other-settings.html#Other-settings (online appears to reflect the 0.9.10 tag and the documentation commit is tagged with 0.9.11).

--
Rob

Alexander Rössler

Mar 16, 2015, 6:41:47 PM3/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
And there is this option too that I find useful:
(setq mu4e-compose-dont-reply-to-self t) ;; don't reply to myself
--
Alexander Rössler

Xavier Maillard

Mar 17, 2015, 1:45:51 AM3/17/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Rössler <ma...@roessler.systems> writes:

> And there is this option too that I find useful:
> (setq mu4e-compose-dont-reply-to-self t) ;; don't reply to myself

Which is at least, as important as `mu4e-user-mail-addresses' given
the docstring:

mu4e-compose-dont-reply-to-self is a variable defined in `mu4e-draft.el'.
Its value is t
Original value was nil

Documentation:
If non-nil, don't include self (that is, any member of
`mu4e-user-mail-address-list') in replies.

You can customize this variable.

Regards
-- Xavier.