No smtpmail-auth-credentials in emacs 24.5.x ???

Hippo Man

Aug 30, 2016, 8:46:37 PM8/30/16
to mu-discuss
I'm using mu4e under emacs 24.5.2, but the mechanisms involving `smtpmail-auth-credentials' no longer work in that version of emacs. That variable is not even present any more in that emacs release.

I want to send SMTP mail via port 587 with "plain" user-ID and password validation ... no TLS.

How would I set this up in mu4e under emacs 24.5.2?

Thank you in advance.

Hippo Man

Aug 30, 2016, 9:00:27 PM8/30/16
to mu-discuss
PS: If at all possible, I'd like to do this without an .authinfo file, just like I used to be able to do with `smtpmail-auth-credentials'.

Have we now completely lost that capability in emacs 24.5.x?