Already sent message via mail; resend? (y or n)

Stig Brautaset

Nov 16, 2016, 4:46:02 PM11/16/16
to mu-discuss
Hi!

I am using mu/mu4e built from master on OS X. Sometimes when
sending email I get the following message:

: Already sent message via mail; resend? (y or n) y

I use org-mu4e-compose-org-mode, but not sure if that could be
related. I tried grepping the mu4e sources, but couldn't find that
string anywhere. I am wondering if it could be related to whether
it's been saved to the drafts folder...?

Stig

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Nov 17, 2016, 1:21:25 PM11/17/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stig,
org-mu4e-compose-org-mode has been deprecated for quite a while now and
is not maintained anymore. Perhaps the latest org-version or maybe
something else causes the mentioned behavior.

Anyway, I'd recommend org-mime directly for now.

There's an open feature-request #941 to revive
org-mu4e-compose-org-mode.

Cheers,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Stig Brautaset

Nov 17, 2016, 1:38:17 PM11/17/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema writes:
> org-mu4e-compose-org-mode has been deprecated for quite a while
> now and is not maintained anymore. Perhaps the latest
> org-version or maybe something else causes the mentioned
> behavior.

Oh, I'm sad to hear that. :-(

> Anyway, I'd recommend org-mime directly for now.

That doesn't really help, because most of the time I don't
actually want to send HTML mail: I just want to use a full-blown
Org mode for *editing* the message. I know I can add
=turn-on-orgstruct++= and =turn-on-orgtbl= to my
=message-mode-hook=, or mu4e equivalent, but that is not quite as
satisfying as full Org editing environment.

So, for now I'll probably live with that warning/error message.

> There's an open feature-request #941 to revive
> org-mu4e-compose-org-mode.

Thanks! I've registered my interest / opinion on that too.

Stig