Outgoing message timestamped draft buffer opened, not when sent

Jeff Kowalczyk

Aug 28, 2014, 3:30:30 AM8/28/14
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I just finished a 20-minute email drafting, and noticed the email was timestamped when the draft buffer was opened, not when the completed message was finally sent.

Is this configurable to have the opposite behavior?

Jeff

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Sep 2, 2014, 9:14:10 AM9/2/14
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Now it is.... I've added
mu4e-compose-auto-include-date
(disabled by default).

So, the new default behavior is to _not_ add the date immediately, but
can be set to do so anyway.

(a slightly better solution would be to also add a date when saving the
draft... but that's for some future patch).

Cheers,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Antoine Levitt

Nov 15, 2016, 12:45:49 AM11/15/16
to mu-discuss
Hi,

Sorry for re-opening this old thread, but this has bugged me recently, so I opted to update the timestamp each time I save the draft, which I believe makes the most sense. Here's my rudimentary code, if anyone's interested.

(add-hook 'mu4e-compose-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (add-hook 'before-save-hook 'mu4e~draft-update-date nil t)))
(defun mu4e~draft-update-date ()
  (save-excursion
    (message-position-on-field "Date")
    (message-beginning-of-line)