Boyan Penkov

Apr 15, 2016, 9:23:13 AM4/15/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

If I do

(setq mu4e-view-fields '(:to :cc :subject :attachments))

then I am unable to either respond or forward messages, with the following error:

error in process filter: message-insert-formatted-citation-line: Args out of range: 0, 0
error in process filter: Args out of range: 0, 0

I suspect this is because message-insert-formatted-citaiton-line looks in the displayed headers in the current buffer.

Has this been looked at?  I am on Debian stable's venerable version 0.9.9.6; has this been fixed in something more recent?

Cheers!
--
Boyan Penkov

Eduardo Mercovich

Apr 17, 2016, 6:28:07 PM4/17/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boyan.

> If I do
> (setq mu4e-view-fields '(:to :cc :subject :attachments))
> then I am unable to either respond or forward messages, [...]
> Has this been looked at? I am on Debian stable's venerable version
> 0.9.9.6; has this been fixed in something more recent?

I don't know if that was fixed or even reported, but 0.9.9.6 is really
old. I would recommend to update to the last version and report back...

Best.

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,
ahí está tu vocación.

Boyan Penkov

Apr 18, 2016, 2:29:20 PM4/18/16
to mu-discuss
Yeah, I'll take a look at debian testing or unstable and follow up.

Cheers!

Eduardo Mercovich

Apr 18, 2016, 3:12:41 PM4/18/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boyan.

>> [...] I don't know if that was fixed or even reported, but 0.9.9.6 is
>> really old. I would recommend to update to the last version and report
>> back...

> Yeah, I'll take a look at debian testing or unstable and follow up.

I'm on Debian Wheezy (very old) and have emacs and mu* compiled from source.
Everything runs fine. :)

Best...

Boyan Penkov

Apr 18, 2016, 3:49:13 PM4/18/16
to mu-discuss
Thanks for the tip -- upgrading to 0.9.16 was straightforward; however, the problem persists.

Thoughts on what to look at?  Can someone try to reproduce?  Is this an issue with my message-mode?

Cheers!

Eduardo Mercovich

Apr 18, 2016, 6:42:20 PM4/18/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boyan.

> Thanks for the tip -- upgrading to 0.9.16 was straightforward;
> however, the problem persists.
> Thoughts on what to look at? Can someone try to reproduce? Is this an
> issue with my message-mode?

The classic .emacs bisecting? Commenting everything except mu4e related
and seeing if it happens?

Many times there are just settings that interact in a non-desired way...
:)

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Apr 19, 2016, 1:07:13 AM4/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
The citation-engine expects there to be a date-field, so try
(setq mu4e-view-fields '(:to :cc :subject :attachments :date))
instead.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Boyan Penkov

Apr 19, 2016, 8:26:17 AM4/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Worked brilliantly; this was it.

I'll play with this more, but always keep :date in there.

Thanks, Dirk-Jan!
--
Boyan Penkov
http://www.boyanpenkov.com