show sent mail from me in threaded view (ala gmail)

71 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

zeltak brisbane

ongelezen,
6 apr 2015, 11:31:5606-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com
hi all

2nd day of using mu4e and lovin' it.

quick question. is there a way to show sent mails from me in threaded view (ala gmail), that is have related mails sent by me in the inbox view for each relevant thread?

thx

Ken Mankoff

ongelezen,
6 apr 2015, 12:28:2106-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com

'w' should toggle showing related emails.

If it doesn't work, or returns none, you're probably on OS X and it works if you custom compile mu4e - see tickets on GitHub for help with this.

-k.

Ken Mankoff

ongelezen,
6 apr 2015, 12:28:4806-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On 2015-04-06 at 12:28, Ken Mankoff <man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'w' should toggle showing related emails.

Oops. I meant "W".

-k.

zeltak brisbane

ongelezen,
7 apr 2015, 00:01:3207-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com
thans Ken

luckily im on linux so no need to compile :)
issuing W is great but it dosent show my sent emails relating to the thread (ala gmail). anyway to get my sent emails in the threaded view?

best

Damien Cassou

ongelezen,
7 apr 2015, 04:39:2807-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com

zeltak brisbane <ikl...@gmail.com> writes:

> thans Ken
>
> luckily im on linux so no need to compile :)
> issuing W is great but it dosent show my sent emails relating to the thread
> (ala gmail). anyway to get my sent emails in the threaded view?

they should be there if they are indexed by mu. You may have to wait for
a full sync from your IMAP server and a re-indexing from mu before seeing
it though.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

zeltak brisbane

ongelezen,
7 apr 2015, 14:34:0807-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damien

i did manually update from imap and index from mu but cant see any mails sent from me in the inbox view in mu4e. what am i doing wrong here?
thx

Charles-H. Schulz

ongelezen,
7 apr 2015, 16:18:2007-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Zeltak,

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 11:39:28 AM UTC+3, Damien Cassou wrote:

zeltak brisbane <ikl...@gmail.com> writes:

> thans Ken
>
> luckily im on linux so no need to compile :)
> issuing W is great but it dosent show my sent emails relating to the thread
> (ala gmail). anyway to get my sent emails in the threaded view?

they should be there if they are indexed by mu. You may have to wait for
a full sync from your IMAP server and a re-indexing from mu before seeing
it though.

Forgive me but there are a few things I don't get about your issue - so let me ask you a few questions:
- do you use GMail? As you know GMail does not show your sent messages in a thread (unless you tweak it in a specific way)
- have you checked your folder where your sent emails go? I'm sorry to ask that - but something could be off with that.

Otherwise, I'd go with Damien's answers: make sure offlineimap works and as a bonus, run a new indexing round with mu itself.

best,
Charles.

zeltak brisbane

ongelezen,
11 apr 2015, 00:51:2611-04-2015
aan mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cahrles

i do use gmail and here it does show also my sent email related to the thread, i dont think i tweaked it in anyway.
here is an example of that as an image

where you can see that my sent emails (xebar) are in the same thread as the other ones related to the orgzy thread.

i do have offline imap working and my indexing and have tried running them manually and then starting mu4e and i still dont get the sent email in each thread only emails from other people.
this is how it looks in mu4e : https://paste.xinu.at/EImqC0/
as you can see my emails related to the thread are not there

would appreciate any help in trying to debug this

best

z.
Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden