Status of rich-text/org-mode composition tools?

Matt Price

Oct 26, 2016, 8:50:19 PM10/26/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
there are lots of tutorials around suggesting composing emails iwth org-mode using org~mu4e-mime-switch-headers-or-body and related functions (https://vxlabs.com/2015/01/28/sending-emails-with-math-and-source-code/). But the online manual says that's deprecated, and I don't see anything about htem in the info manual (which is a little broken on my laptop, so I may not be seeing everything).

In any case, I would love to know what solutions other people have for composing in rich-text (preferably org-mode).

Thanks1
Matt

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Nov 5, 2016, 5:46:35 AM11/5/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Org-mode / org-mime should work I think; mu4e's rich-text mode was
really just a wrapper around that, but it turned out to be quite tricky
to make it work seamless, so it's a bit of toy.

I'd recommend using org-mime as it is; perhaps in the future we could
add some glue for this in mu4e.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Eduardo Mercovich

Nov 11, 2016, 4:21:49 PM11/11/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dirk, Matt and everyone.

>> there are lots of tutorials around suggesting composing emails iwth
>> org-mode using org~mu4e [...] In any case, I would love to know what
>> solutions other people have for composing in rich-text (preferably
>> org-mode).

> Org-mode / org-mime should work I think; mu4e's rich-text mode was
> really just a wrapper around that, but it turned out to be quite
> tricky to make it work seamless, so it's a bit of toy. [...]

John Kitchin sent something like this to emacs-...@gnu.org:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-11/msg00010.html

Is this similar to what you were searching?

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos