mu at cmd line returns different results than mu4e

Patrick Ball

Dec 14, 2016, 2:37:14 PM12/14/16
to mu-discuss
In mu 0.9.18 cloned and compiled from git on Monday, I've found a curious behavior.

From the bash command line, a particular query finds 22 messages:

pball@piglet:~
 $ mu find m:/icloud/Inbox OR m:/fastmail/INBOX | wc -l
      22

but the same query from inside mu4e returns 115 messages. I note that most of the excess messages in mu4e's query are bcc's of messages I've sent, which I don't want in INBOX. I've (setq mu4e-compose-dont-reply-to-self t), and from the IMAP folder view and from the web interfaces, the copies to self are not in the inboxen.

The behavior I want is the one at the command line. Is there a way to convince mu4e to do that? thx -- PB.

Patrick Ball

Dec 14, 2016, 3:28:39 PM12/14/16
to mu-discuss
answering my own question so that future searches might find it:

  (setq mu4e-headers-include-related nil)

to show only the messages from mu's find, excluding else.

Sheesh, I looked for that for quite a while before posting, then there it was -- PB.