is everything on github now for source?

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2017, 2:31:46 PM1/28/17
to mu-discuss
Hi-

I tried the manual install constructions. First I got a message about ./configure.ac. Then the command can't find ./configure.
I am using Cygwin. I must be missing some tools.

I tried this from GitHub zip file...

mtdew@BLASTER-6000 ~/mu-master
$ autoreconf-2.13 -i && ./configure && make
-bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

If I use ./configure && make it finds ./configure no problem when using the old packaging like 9.9.5.

thx. for any help.-

J. McNamara

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2017, 4:27:47 PM1/28/17
to mu-discuss
Hi-

I found the release page. There is an old release page or two floating around out there.

I  have mu/mu4e installed. I just put on offlineimap with Cygwin.

Now I am going to test it all.

It is easier to do it without git if you are just used to ./configure make make install.

have a cool day.

thx. - J. McNamara

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Jan 30, 2017, 2:06:35 AM1/30/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
The best place to get releases is:
https://github.com/djcb/mu/releases

For the last releases, these are actual tarballs made with 'make dist',
so you only need ./configure && make etc.

If you get mu from git (including, confusingly, from the tarballs that
github creates itself), you need to run ./autogen.sh first, which
requires you to have autoconf, automake and friends installed.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland