Simple spam filtering setup?

瀏覽次數:128 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Mikael Andersson

未讀,
2016年11月10日 下午5:52:532016/11/10
收件者:mu-discuss
Hi,

Can someone please share some code for a spam filtering setup? I am quite new to mu4e and I am certainly not a Lisp expert. I do like mu4e so far but there are some things I would need to resolve, such as spam filtering, before I am satisfied with a basic setup. I suppose one should use the spam functions in the module mu4e-contrib?

Apart from marking spam, after training the spam filter, how do I setup so that spam is automatically identified?

Thanks,

Mikael

Eduardo Mercovich

未讀,
2016年11月11日 清晨7:08:252016/11/11
收件者:Mu Discuss

Hi Mikael.

While I'm not an expert at all, I believe that span processing is outside mu4e, coupled with some mbsync/offlineimap post processing...

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,
ahí está tu vocación.

Mikael Andersson

未讀,
2016年11月11日 下午6:38:422016/11/11
收件者:mu-discuss
Thanks for your reply Eduardo.

How do you manage your spam filtering, i.e. what code are you using for handling marking and unmarking spam?

I have understood it as the spam filtering processing is made by an external tool, but you need a way to tell that external tool what is spam and what is not in order to train the tool. I would guess that there already is some code for this task since most, if not all, mu4e users manage spam.

Mikael
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mu-discuss+...@googlegroups.com.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

未讀,
2016年11月12日 清晨5:53:172016/11/12
收件者:mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikael,

On Friday Nov 11 2016, Mikael Andersson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone please share some code for a spam filtering setup? I am quite
> new to mu4e and I am certainly not a Lisp expert. I do like mu4e so far but
> there are some things I would need to resolve, such as spam filtering,
> before I am satisfied with a basic setup. I suppose one should use the spam
> functions in the module mu4e-contrib?

Yeah, you can do that - check the doc-strings and the examples in that
code, that should hopefully be enough to get you going.

> Apart from marking spam, after training the spam filter, how do I setup so
> that spam is automatically identified?

That's typically a job outside mu; e.g. I've been using
fetchmail/procmail for that. Using e.g. offlineimap it's not so easy to
setup spam-filtering; but perhaps you can rely on the mail-provider's
spam filtering (e.g. gmail does a pretty good job).

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Mikael Andersson

未讀,
2016年11月12日 下午6:53:152016/11/12
收件者:mu-discuss
Hi,

 mu4e-register-msg-as-spam in mu4e-contrib seems to almost do what I want, but I would like to move spam to a spam folder rather than deleting the message in case I accidentally mark anything wrong. The module does not seem to allow for this kind of customization. I suppose I have to do something myself here. Have I got this right?

It is a pity it is so complicated to setup spam filtering with offlineimap. mailfilter, presynchook

I have looked around a bit and right now I think I will try out this:

It will log in to the IMAP server and move spam to a Spam folder and after this I can invoke offlineimap. Since isbg uses Spamassasin, I will have to replace bogofilter with spamassasin in mu4e-register-as-spam-cmd. As I wrote above I will have to customize mu4e-register-msg-as-spam so that it does not delete messages but move them to the Spam folder. I think I will sort these things out, but I have to questions:

Does anyone know why I get the message "mu4e-register-msg-as-ham: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil" when using the function mu4e-register-msg-as-ham?

Another question, which is a more general question: If I do not want to press a for Actions and then s for Spam, but define one key, should I use local-set-key for this and where do I get msg argument to pass to the function  mu4e-register-msg-as-spam?

Thanks,

Mikael

Mikael Andersson

未讀,
2016年11月13日 中午12:03:242016/11/13
收件者:mu-discuss
Hi again,

Sorry. you can ignore:

"Does anyone know why I get the message "mu4e-register-msg-as-ham: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil" when using the function mu4e-register-msg-as-ham?"

I had forgotten to set mu4e-register-as-ham-cmd ...

My only question, which is not really spam filter related, now is just:

If I do not want to press a for Actions and then s for Spam, but define one key, should I use local-set-key for this and where do I get msg argument to pass to the function  mu4e-register-msg-as-spam?

Thanks,

Mikael

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

未讀,
2016年11月13日 中午12:23:222016/11/13
收件者:mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday Nov 13 2016, Mikael Andersson wrote:

> My only question, which is not really spam filter related, now is just:
>
> If I do not want to press a for Actions and then s for Spam, but define one
> key, should I use local-set-key for this and where do I get msg argument to
> pass to the function mu4e-register-msg-as-spam?

Easiest is probably to us a keyboard-macro.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland