How to capture an open message in Org-mode

Marcin Borkowski

Oct 8, 2017, 5:22:16 AM10/8/17
to mu-discuss
Hi there,

I thought I was smart, and I did this:
http://mbork.pl/2017-09-11_My_email_capturing_workflow
Basically, I can press one keychord when in headers view to flag the
email and capture it as an Org-mode todo item.

However, I noticed this doesn't work when I'm in message view mode. The
message gets flagged, but the capture doesn't ask me for a description,
but is just filed away with no description immediately. Also, one weird
thing is that it moves me into the headers view, but when I press `-',
not only is the current (now flagged) message marked for unflagging, but
also the message view /with the next message/ appears.

What happens? How can I avoid this and make
`make-this-message-into-an-org-todo-item' work in message view mode,
too?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski

Marcin Borkowski

Nov 12, 2017, 8:15:38 AM11/12/17
to mu-discuss
Hi all,

I'm not sure why exactly this works, but I solved it. Here's the code:
http://mbork.pl/2017-11-12_My_email_workflow_%e2%80%93_an_addendum

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski

Eduardo Mercovich

Nov 14, 2017, 9:53:45 AM11/14/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcin.

>> I thought I was smart, and I did this:
>> http://mbork.pl/2017-09-11_My_email_capturing_workflow [...]
>> this doesn't work when I'm in message view mode. [...]

> I'm not sure why exactly this works, but I solved it. Here's
> the code:
> http://mbork.pl/2017-11-12_My_email_workflow_%e2%80%93_an_addendum

Congrats. :)

Where else did you saw this sincronicity issue?

--
Eduardo Mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,