Eduardo Mercovich

Mar 2, 2016, 11:40:54 AM3/2/16
to mu-discuss
Dear mu4e'rs.

Upon compiling and using mu4e version 0.9.17 with GNU Emacs 24.3.1, I got
this error:

error in process filter: mu4e~headers-line-apply-flag-face: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property
error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property

As per the moment of appearance and the amount of repetitions, it seems
to be related to showing a header list.

The problem is that I can't see the pattern of ocurrence, since it
appears at first, when opening mu4e and going to a bookmark, but then
after a while, it dissapears.

I tried turning fancy headers to nil and it seems to dissapear...

From some searching, it may be related to a new function used in emacs
24.4 (however, knowing nothing about programming, I may be utterly
wrong). ;)

How could I give more info to diagnose this? Does anyone saw this
message? Maybe it's obvious to knowledgeable people how to fix this but
not to newbies like me...

Thanks in advance.

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,
ahí está tu vocación.

Josiah Schwab

Mar 2, 2016, 1:17:34 PM3/2/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eduardo,

> Upon compiling and using mu4e version 0.9.17 with GNU Emacs 24.3.1, I got
> this error:
>
> error in process filter: mu4e~headers-line-apply-flag-face: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property
> error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property

> From some searching, it may be related to a new function used in emacs
> 24.4 (however, knowing nothing about programming, I may be utterly
> wrong). ;)

I believe was issue also reported as

https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/811

Best,
Josiah

Eduardo Mercovich

Mar 3, 2016, 6:50:37 AM3/3/16
to Mu Discuss
Hi Josiah.

>> Upon compiling and using mu4e version 0.9.17 with GNU Emacs 24.3.1, I got
>> this error:
>> error in process filter: mu4e~headers-line-apply-flag-face: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property
>> error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property

> I believe was issue also reported as
> https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/811

Oh, yes, thank you! What I saw was something quite similar in another package...

May I help to that adding some info?

OTOH, can we fix this somehow?

Thank you very much... :)

--
Eduardo Mercovich
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eduardo-mercovich/

Eduardo Mercovich

Mar 8, 2016, 6:37:34 AM3/8/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah.

>> Upon compiling and using mu4e version 0.9.17 with GNU Emacs 24.3.1, I got
>> this error:
>> error in process filter: mu4e~headers-line-apply-flag-face: Symbol's function definition is void: add-face-text-property
>> error in process filter: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> add-face-text-property [...]

> I believe was issue also reported as
> https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/811

Confirmed also here. I updated emacs to GNU Emacs 24.5.1 and didn't
found the error again in 2 days...

I don't know how many still have a previous version, but up to now there
were no problems here with mu4e, org-mode or other packages.