feature request : select maildirs with a regex

Erik Colson

Oct 26, 2017, 12:57:52 PM10/26/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

One major feature I most certainly would appreciate is querying the
database for maildirs with a regex, instead of having to mention them all
one by one with AND ...
Probably this will be much easier to code in emacs mu4e interface
instead of modifying the mu backend itself.
Therefor I'll start digging into this in the free time I have, which is
close to none at the moment ;)

best
--
erik colson

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason

Oct 31, 2017, 5:16:31 AM10/31/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Have you seen the "A new query parser" thread posted a few hours after
you sent this? There's now built-in regex search, does that do what
you need?

Erik Colson

Mar 11, 2018, 6:53:09 AM3/11/18
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just tried the version 1.0 of mu and it handles wildcards in maildir
like a charm. Thanks for this improvement!

best
--
erik colson