What would be the query syntax for "to==[myself]"

Jerome Gay

Feb 19, 2017, 4:47:21 PM2/19/17
to mu-discuss
Hi there,

I'm making progress in my daily use of mu4e/mu, however I'm struggling with the following: what would be the query syntax if I want to get all messages where I am the *only* recipient?

If I use something like to:m...@domain.com I get messages where I am *one of the recipients* but I really want to find messages where *I am the one and only recipient*. Is there a way to do that in mu4e?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers  /jerome

Yuri D'Elia

Feb 20, 2017, 5:54:59 PM2/20/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 19 2017, Jerome Gay wrote:
> I'm making progress in my daily use of mu4e/mu, however I'm struggling with
> the following: what would be the query syntax if I want to get all messages
> where I am the *only* recipient?

what about

to:addr and not to:*

seems to work here.

Jerome Gay

Feb 21, 2017, 3:17:11 AM2/21/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yuri, that works indeed. It seems to be due to the way the query is parsed.
--
Jerome Gay

Yuri D'Elia

Feb 21, 2017, 5:25:23 AM2/21/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 21 2017, Jerome Gay wrote:
> Thanks Yuri, that works indeed. It seems to be due to the way the query is parsed.

I was surprised too ;), but if the conditions are evaluated in LTR+query
order, there is some funky stuff that you can do.

Jerome Gay

Feb 21, 2017, 10:32:33 AM2/21/17
to mu-discuss
It indeed seemed to work at the beginning but probably because of the kind of messages I had in this mail folder.

I tried on a different mail folder and that doesn't seem to work.

Actually, both following queries return the same set of messages (including some where there are multiple recipients):
  to:m...@domain.com and not to:*
  to:m...@domain.com

So, unless I'm missing something, I still don't know how to search for messages where I'm the only recipient.

Any idea welcome.

Cheers  /jerome