Telling mu4e that a specific address is a mailinglist

nils.s...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2017, 5:56:17 AM9/12/17
to mu-discuss
Hi everyone,

just a short question: I am on a mailing list which does not use the standard format for its subject, i.e. it does not use [listname] Subject. Accordingly mu4e does not recognize that it is a list.
This has the effect that everytime I am answering an email sent to the list, I am asked if I would like to write to all recipients. In this case "all" means the person who wrote to the list in the first place and the list itself.
If I did this, the person who wrote the mail, would receive my answer twice.
Is it possible to tell mu4e that a specific mail address is a list, such that the default behaviour of mu4e applies, i.e. a reply is sent to the list only?

That would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Nils

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Sep 14, 2017, 1:14:01 PM9/14/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nils,
mu4e uses the 'Reply-To' header to decide that; mu4e doesn't really
treat lists differently (except cosmetically, in the headers-list /
view).

Anyway, you can open an issue at github with a (sufficiently
anonymized) raw message from this mailing list, and we can see if
there's something that can be done.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

nils.s...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 3:55:52 AM9/19/17
to mu-discuss
Hi Dirk,

after you replied, I called the list provider's support and akesd them to adapt the Reply-To Header.
And good news, they adapted it.
Thanks a lot for your hint!

With best regards,
Nils