organizing Maildir hierarchy

Gour

Mar 27, 2015, 10:05:26 AM3/27/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I finally finished syncing my old mail archive using offlineimap (it
seems mbsync has problem using pre-existing Maildir hierarchy) and would
like to organize my Maildir pool

Considering there are several accounts + archive which I want to index
for mu4e usage I have question what would be optimal way to do it?

Let's assume, I have the following:

account1

--> INBOX

--> subfolder-1

--> subfolder-2

--> subfolder-n

account2

--> INBOX

--> subfolder-1

--> subfolder-2

--> subfolder-n

account-n

--> INBOX

--> subfolder-1

--> subfolder-2

--> subfolder-n

The above accounts and therir subfolder are those I want to sync with
offlineimap/mbsync.

Now I want to have

archive
account-1

--> INBOX

--> archivefolder-1

--> archivefolder-2

--> archivefolder-n

account-2

--> INBOX

--> archivefolder-1

--> archivefolderr-2

--> archivefolder-n

account-n

--> INBOX

--> archivefolder-1

--> archivefolder-2

--> archivefolder-n

So, the question is whether to use something like:

~/Maildir/account-1
account-2
account-n
archive
account-1
account-2
account-n

would be proper organization of Maildir hierarchy or something like:

~/Maildir/account-1
account-2
account-n
archive
archive.account-1
archive.account-2
archive.account-n

is more suitable in the context when I want only account-x folders to be
synced and archive-account-x folders to be used for archiving messages
and *not* syncing?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.