mu4e startup

Yuri D'Elia

Jul 12, 2016, 4:17:36 PM7/12/16
to mu-discuss
I noticed that mu4e emits an error if I enter a bookmark really quick
after starting it ("M-x mu4e RET b t").

In *Messages* I see:

[mu4e] Started mu4e with 58963 messages in store
[mu4e] mu4e-main-mode
error in process filter: user-error: [mu4e] No message at point
error in process filter: [mu4e] No message at point
[mu4e] Found 51 matching messages

I guess this happens because the indexing hasn't really completed yet
(it just needs a tenth of a second or so more). In fact, mu4e recovers
by itself as soon as the daemon responds, which is almost immediately.

Undoubtedly makes me feel "typing too fast even for the computer".
Which is good - I guess :P

Ken Mankoff

Jul 12, 2016, 4:34:26 PM7/12/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On 2016-07-12 at 20:17, Yuri D'Elia <wav...@thregr.org> wrote:
> error in process filter: user-error: [mu4e] No message at point
> error in process filter: [mu4e] No message at point

Known bug. https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/825

-k.