mu4e is such a cool program - how many people use it (about)?

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2016, 2:41:01 AM10/17/16
to mu-discuss
Hi-

I just thought most times when I hear how many people use linux for desktop it is like 1 percent. Of that one percent, how many downloads in a month or years time?
If I get a windows PC, the first thing I am going to do is figure out how to install mu4e on it :-) (if possible)

I like the fact you don't have to know emacs lisp and can just cut and paste into your emacs file to make mu4e work with emacs.

thx. for making such cool software!

jim

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Oct 18, 2016, 3:52:50 PM10/18/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On Monday Oct 17 2016, thirdsh...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi-
>

> I just thought most times when I hear how many people use linux for
> desktop it is like 1 percent. Of that one percent, how many downloads
> in a month or years time?

It's hard to say. Don't know the numbers for github, or who is using
distro packets. And note that I suspect a significant number of people
on OSX. Anyway, I still see people using other e-mail clients sometimes
:-)

> If I get a windows PC, the first thing I am going to do is figure out how
> to install mu4e on it :-) (if possible)

It's possibly using Cygwin at least. 'Tho probably a bit slower.

> I like the fact you don't have to know emacs lisp and can just cut and
> paste into your emacs file to make mu4e work with emacs.

That's nice, but it's worth learning a bit of elisp when you're using
emacs a lot; the investment pays off.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--